Nitrous on boosted cars.

thorne

If I'm already maxing out the turbo and I spray will that cause issues since the turbo is not able to suck any more air?

If the motor is known to go to 400whp with larger turbos would spraying 100shot be out of the question? How about a 50?

Running a dry set-up the fuel would have to be added through the injectors. So whether it is "programmed in" to add it, bumbing the fuel pressure, or spraying through a MAF, you have to add fuel. Wet kits just add it with the nitrous, and would be easier IMO. Then just trim it with your tuning.

I second sam on the spray location but, I would dry kit it if you have enough injectors and ECU to handle it. If not then wet kit, be careful with the amount, start low cause on a turbo car you will net more than the kit normally says. Like a 50 shot on a turbo car will normally get you like 75 whp.

Nitrous is effectively cold "boost". You're getting the dense air charge, minus the inter/after cooling needed when using forms of compression. Keep in mind, power is power. You're making the same pressure in the cylinder fairly regardless of means.

The more people you bring to a party, the more of a chance of trouble happening, same goes for situations like these. I would recommend a balance; keep the turbo at it's highest efficiency point and use a small shot as icing on the cake. Plan for the combined power and back calculate airmass to check your fuel system can keep up.

If I was you, I would spray it directly into the throttle body with a wet kit.

x10 bill my kit is a wet kit all ive got to do is cut a hole in one of my hard pipes thread it in an make sure the nozzel has a straight shot into your throttle body, start out small 35 and work your way up with different fuel jets as well untill you find the sweet spot, persinaly im nto spraying over a 75 shot due to alreaddy having a tiny turbo.

my turbo will be maxed out as well the turbo will run the same power output but the nitrous is its own adder... im sur etheres a few write ups on the scoobie forusm...reading is your friend!

if your runnin out of turbo get a larger one.

any time you spray nos it does add more rpm to the turbo because you are increasing cyl pressure. now if you were to run a larger turbo and want the same amount of boost you have now you could spray untill under boost.