9/12 - Gas to rise $0.20 a gallon this afternoon.

zeitgeist57

Just FYI from a very reliable source at a local fuel distributor...Ike is causing concern.

Only reason I do this is because I have been frustrated when I pass a station in the morning, think I should fill up but don't, and then go back in the afternoon and they jacked the price up...

Limits I could understand.. but 5 bucks gallon.. bullshit.

Supply and demand my friend. When you don't have the supply, your demand goes up, you have to raise the price to drop the demand and preserve your supply. Something like 2/5 of the nations gasoline is not being produced right now. The wholesale price comes from the distributors.

And here is why its going up, even with Crude prices dropping

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D935CIKO0&show_article=1

First post stated it very simply.

Anyways, my dad's an executive at Kroger in Westerville and the main fuel buyer/manager told everyone to go get gas now- it is possible they are talking near 5$/gal for regular here in the coming days.

This speculation bullshit really needs to come to an end. And don't we get our oil from other places?? Oh wait.....it depends on what week it is and what disaster it is to determine where our oil comes from.

This has nothing to do with oil, the price of oil, speculation of oil, production of oil... this is 100% the supply of Gasoline. When 2/5 of your production shuts down (gov't mandated) shit is bound to hit the fan

Agreeing with LJ on the post above, but I would like to add that because of the refinery shutdown, there are now overstocks on crude. The price of a barrel finally touched $99.99 today, and now with the lack of refinery capacity it SHOULD drop more, since its just going to sit. But in the short term, all that matters is that there will be less tankers able to deliver fuel to your local gas station, and THAT is what is going to hurt. Once the refineries start cranking it back up, the price SHOULD drop lower than its been this entire year.

Which brings me to my next point - why aren't there any refineries in the midwest, like here or WV or Indiana, where we don't get fucking natural disasters EVERY YEAR?

Agreeing with LJ on the post above, but I would like to add that because of the refinery shutdown, there are now overstocks on crude. The price of a barrel finally touched $99.99 today, and now with the lack of refinery capacity it SHOULD drop more, since its just going to sit. But in the short term, all that matters is that there will be less tankers able to deliver fuel to your local gas station, and THAT is what is going to hurt. Once the refineries start cranking it back up, the price SHOULD drop lower than its been this entire year.

Which brings me to my next point - why aren't there any refineries in the midwest, like here or WV or Indiana, where we don't get fucking natural disasters EVERY YEAR?

There is a big one up near Toldeo

Hence no rationing nor MAJOR price hikes in central Ohio yet

Kentucky activated their anti-gouging legislation, but that won't do anything when the actual market price is that high (Wholesale over $5 currently). Anti-gouging laws are total bullshit in short supply situations (such as this) because they fuck with the natural supply/demand price models.

If I'm out and about and know its going up later in the day I'll fill up but other wise fuck it.

if I cared that much about gas milage I would not daily my wrx. I hate that it costs allot but I get less then 20mpg because my foot is heavy.

I had thought about detuning it to the point of running 89 and it just anit worth it, Would be no fun. But E85 could be quite fun ;)

Then someone needs arrested. We were investigated for price gouging when we posted $4.00 a gallon on 9/11 just to stop the mile+ line of cars wanting in. We actually raised it exactly $.00.

No rule of economics justifies $5 gas because of what a storm MIGHT do.

All of this when crude traded for $100 a barrel today.

Then someone needs arrested. We were investigated for price gouging when we posted $4.00 a gallon on 9/11 just to stop the mile+ line of cars wanting in. We actually raised it exactly $.00.

No rule of economics justifies $5 gas because of what a storm MIGHT do.

All of this when crude traded for $100 a barrel today.

Wholesale is $5 and 2/5 production is shut down...

come on you should know better than that

it IS happening

Texas is good for < 25% of the US refining. 50% of those were shut down.

That != 2/5 of production.

Many facilities that WERE shut down in Louisiana are coming back on line. Areas around Texas should see increases. There is no legit way Kentucky and/or Ohio should jump > $1.00.

Period.