Caliper lock up

Ef8sirJunkie

my teg is having some kind of Brake PMS!!! my front calipers are staying open and pulling the car to a hault.

i have replaced both front calipers and pads. earls stainless steel line kit. Dot 4 used bleed all the way around. i know if it was the booster my pedal would be solid and a master cylinder would be mushy and to the floor. im all out of ideas any one herd of a prop valve going bad? i work at a dealership and have talked to other techs and they cant figure it out either. also i cant drive it to work so thats out of the picture.

What brakes are working, front or back? Bad part? A proportioning valve going bad isn't likly. If it isn't bleeding well, the valve can get stuck on some cars, usually fixed by hammering the pedal multiple times. If bleeding doesn't go well, that should indicate a flow problem somewhere. ABS? ABS is hard to bleed. Hard to tell.

non abs its the front calipers and they are new napa replacment with oem stamps on them. slides are fine the metal brackets looked good and pads slide in without hesitation. i have never herd of a prop going bad but im out of ideas. it will drive fine then slowly feel the brakes locking up and pulling the front end down putting a hatefull load on the car. also had lots of smoke come from them 1 night off the freeway (rotors where cherry red, that was the first incident).

Did they go together tight? Sometimes the shims can hold them against the rotor. Usually this is either a worn out brake line (you said you replaced them) resticting fluid from going back to the master holding the brakes on, or just crappy fitmit on the new parts.

was talking to a tech today and he thinks my booster might be holding vacum and told me to cap the line off at the intake and see if it happens again i will be trying this in the morning hopefully its the problem. i also got another prop valve at the junkyard ima try if this doesnt work.

if you don't open the bleeder screw will the caliper push back?

if it doesn't and your sure the hoses are good put a master cylinder on it

i havent done it with the new calipers yet but with the old 1's on i couldnt press them back the pressure was holding them i had to open the bleeder to push them in.