MCIR Friday September 19th!

LPFSTheFett

Mark and I are going, would be nice to have a bunch of others show up as well. Plan is to hit up Sonic afterwards.

Anybody else coming? Gates open at 5:30.

BEcareful in that car flying through the traps at marion, it use to be really bad to the point it would scare me, and I could not even imagine at 150+ mph be safe and have fun. You guys have perfect weather.

Bunch of people from CR showed up, didn't see you guys though. :( Huge C5/C6 showing. I think there were 3 C5's and 4 C6's there. Marion probably had no clue what was going on, lol. Nice seeing some new faces!

My Z didn't do too bad considering they only prep the first 8' or so. Was also only running 7-8psi (roughly 750rwhp) because I didn't have time to get race gas before going.

Still went 10.71@136.83 (first pass, did an 1/8th mile burn out)

10.16@137.43 and 10.29@139.67

Starting to get the car more and more figured out going down the track, now just need to work on the suspension more and see what I can do about getting my 60's down.

Sounds like you had a good time.

It's always a good time at Marion. Really like the track because it's much more relaxed and can talk to more people in the staging lanes. Always been a favorite of mine.

Plus, if you can work on your suspension and dial your car in on a slippery track like marion, it makes you much more consistant when you visit different tracks throughout the state. Plus if you can hook there, you know you can hook anywhere.

Bunch of people from CR showed up, didn't see you guys though. :( Huge C5/C6 showing. I think there were 3 C5's and 4 C6's there. Marion probably had no clue what was going on, lol. Nice seeing some new faces!

My Z didn't do too bad considering they only prep the first 8' or so. Was also only running 7-8psi (roughly 750rwhp) because I didn't have time to get race gas before going.

Still went 10.71@136.83 (first pass, did an 1/8th mile burn out)

10.16@137.43 and 10.29@139.67

Starting to get the car more and more figured out going down the track, now just need to work on the suspension more and see what I can do about getting my 60's down.

If you are talking about us :confused: then, we had plans to go, but too much to do on short notice. Them can Vette's fly!

It's always a good time at Marion. Really like the track because it's much more relaxed and can talk to more people in the staging lanes. Always been a favorite of mine.

Plus, if you can work on your suspension and dial your car in on a slippery track like marion, it makes you much more consistant when you visit different tracks throughout the state. Plus if you can hook there, you know you can hook anywhere.

How is the track now? Did they get it all straighten out and flat?

If you are talking about us :confused: then, we had plans to go, but too much to do on short notice. Them can Vette's fly!

Yep, it's cool. Maybe next time!

And they must have fixed the dip at the end of the track as I have zero problems with the track. My only real complaint is that they don't prep more. I'd like to see them charge an extra $2 per person and prep the track to the 60' mark atleast.

I went last night and lots of vettes showed up!! I seen that alot of you guys were busy working on the cars so I just hung back and watched. Your cars on low boost were amazing had all the old hillbilly guys standing up on the bleachers with there beers telling there buddys, " these are the cars that fly"

That was the first time I've been to MCIR. I finally got to put some faces with the names and cars on CR, and met several new people. I went to watch a few guys I work with run their cars and didn't even realize there was a post on here to get CR guys to go. The guys from work are regulars there and they couldn't believe how many people were there for a Friday night. It was a good time.

Brian I seen you run 1 time the car seems to be doing very well.

Thanks, I made 2 passes only to find out that I have a leaking headgasket!!

No biggie I guess the season is almost over. But I am happy that I got the launch control set almost perfect...was pulling 1.6 60` on crappy tires. Hopefully next spring I can get out and meet more of you.

Those twin turbo vettes are completley awesome BTW!!!