car undercoating??

kirks5oh

guys,

my brother just bought a new car, and is looking to get it undercoated. not some half-assed ziebart, or factory undercoating, he wants something thorough. any places do this kind of work??

he's also having some issues with the suspension on his ford excape--clunking, slooppiness that sounds like a bushing issue. whee should he take it so that he doesn't get raped--he's not a car guy like me, but he's not exactly stupid either.

thanks

kirk

is that even necessary anymore? I mean most cars if decently cared for don't pop rust like the late 70's and early 80's stuff. :confused: curious.....

guys,

my brother just bought a new car, and is looking to get it undercoated. not some half-assed ziebart, or factory undercoating, he wants something thorough. any places do this kind of work??

he's also having some issues with the suspension on his ford excape--clunking, slooppiness that sounds like a bushing issue. whee should he take it so that he doesn't get raped--he's not a car guy like me, but he's not exactly stupid either.

thanks

kirk

what's line-x?? i haven't undercoated any of my cars recently, because i've lived in columbus. when i lived near the snowbelt in cleveland, we always had our cars undercoated--but that was in the '80's and '90's.

yeah, my brother is buying the car new, and he will certainly have it for less than 10 years--probably only 5-7 years at most. its a ford fusion by the way, nothing too interesting. just a daily driver for his wife.

what's line-x?? i haven't undercoated any of my cars recently, because i've lived in columbus. when i lived near the snowbelt in cleveland, we always had our cars undercoated--but that was in the '80's and '90's.

yeah, my brother is buying the car new, and he will certainly have it for less than 10 years--probably only 5-7 years at most. its a ford fusion by the way, nothing too interesting. just a daily driver for his wife.

Then dont worry about it. What you can do though in the winter regularly is take through a car wash with underbody spray if you don't want to do it yourself. This will wash all of the salt off.