broken halmonic balancer bolt

jwest0011647545522

where did you come up with 250fltbs?

alldata says

"first pass install a NEW bolt, then tighten to 240ftlbs, then loosen, then tighten to 50nm(37ftlbs) and then turn 140 degrees"

this meaning its torque to yield and should not be reused!

where did you come up with 250fltbs?

alldata says

"first pass install a NEW bolt, then tighten to 240ftlbs, then loosen, then tighten to 50nm(37ftlbs) and then turn 140 degrees"

this meaning its torque to yield and should not be reused!

You speak the truth. Don't reuse TTY ever.

You may be able to get it out with a large extractor but, I don't know. Those things really suck to break loose.

You speak the truth. Don't reuse TTY ever.

You may be able to get it out with a large extractor but, I don't know. Those things really suck to break loose.

well at this point, the bolt is stretched to the point it broke. if its a clean break, then it would back right out! but breaking a yeild bolt never works that way! stretched threads, not cool. left handed drill bit may be the best freind in this case! but the center of the back of the crank goes clear thru(if you knock that plug out! saying that with the front crank bolt may be the same, so if you drill all the way thru, you may just be putting metal shavings down in the oil. :(

i dont think this one is going to come out so easy

well at this point, the bolt is stretched to the point it broke. if its a clean break, then it would back right out! but breaking a yeild bolt never works that way! stretched threads, not cool. left handed drill bit may be the best freind in this case! but the center of the back of the crank goes clear thru(if you knock that plug out! saying that with the front crank bolt may be the same, so if you drill all the way thru, you may just be putting metal shavings down in the oil. :(

That's why I'm not sure if an extractor will work or not.

Cross your fingers and try to get it to back out. it could become a big problem, or, it could work out.

is the end of it sticking out of the backside of the mount? a pair of vice grips and lots of heat is the only thing i can think of besides an easy out.

never worked on an ls1 so not sure how long the bolts are

here you go again.

pull your foot out of your ass and shove it back in your mouth :gtfo:

u own a shop or something. if u do or know anyone that does i'll let them give it a try i don't want to take the risk of making it any worse than it already is. so i'll just pay someone to finsh putting the car together for me.

u own a shop or something. if u do or know anyone that does i'll let them give it a try i don't want to take the risk of making it any worse than it already is. so i'll just pay someone to finsh putting the car together for me.

i do repairs...pm me for more details.