WTB: Automatic quad, under $2000

Nitrousbird

My wife wants a quad (awesome).

- Must be an auto...she isn't ready to learn quad riding AND driving a full manual.

- Doesn't need to be big/fast, a 250cc is fine (she's only 100lbs, so she will be quick on anything).

- 4-strokes only, electric starts only

- Year 2000 or newer

- Must run good, and not need a bunch of work.

Sport or utility okay, but not some hunter's quad. She wants something fun to go trail riding on. My Raptor is WAY too agressive for her.

I know you said 4 Stroke, but I would highly recomend a Polaris Trail Blazer 250. Extremely reliable, not fast but can handle anything you throw at it. Where do you ride at ?

Really? I've been pretty disappointed with their transmissions, from the ones I've seen. Get stopped on a hill, and it just slips, won't start moving again.

Joe, if you want someone to ride with, I still have my quad and I want to use it.

I know you said 4 Stroke, but I would highly recomend a Polaris Trail Blazer 250. Extremely reliable, not fast but can handle anything you throw at it. Where do you ride at ?

I have a 02 trailboss 325 and have literally beat the piss out of it from the second I got on it and never had one single problem with it. This is exactly what I would be looking for.

Polaris is garbage. No power, CVT problems, low quality. Not many top manufactures make a 200cc automatic quad. They are usually automatic clutch but you still have to shift. You can find a chinese brand that will be automatic. If not, a Honda recon, 250ex, suzuki ozark, z250.

Once I move back from cleveland I am game for a ride somewhere. I have a cabin in hocking hills.

I am not much of a bike guy. As for kawasaki quads, they are slow. I will say no manufactuer gives out the support that kawasaki does and they are also trying to get better and better every year. Sorry if I am hijacking the thread. I'll stop.

Well, we will be picking up a 2003 Polaris Trailblazer 250 we looked at this evening tomorrow.

Was in pretty good shape, ran great. Only issue was the rear brake didn't work (fronts worked well), and the front tires are getting a bit worn.

Had the typical CVT delay when hitting the gas, but I prefer that for her. Handled well enough, seems to have enough suspension travel to take some smaller jumps with ease.

She sat on a Recon, but felt a bit big for her...I think a semi-sport quad suits her a bit better. Just need to fix that back brake, then should be good to go for next weekend!

Really? I've been pretty disappointed with their transmissions, from the ones I've seen. Get stopped on a hill, and it just slips, won't start moving again.

Joe, if you want someone to ride with, I still have my quad and I want to use it.

ive never had one slip and ive own about 5 sportsmans from 2000 on.

mine have been bulletproof.