Who plays hockey?

HotCarl

I know there are a few member's who play drop-in's and are in league's hopefully someone can help me out. There was a VERY questionable call.... well, lets say 'non call' in our game tonight that absolutly should've been called but wasnt. I understand everyone's human and there's a good chance it wasnt seen but this was a repeated offense that wasnt called on.

I know its just a rec league and I really dont take this too seriously but when the officiating is seriously questionable is there any course of action to be taken? Again, Im not gonna lose sleep over it but if my league fee's are paying for this ref then I expect a bit more effort on their part.

Do you play in a Chiller league? If so, you could shoot an email over to the league comish, Scott Adamick (sadamick@thechiller.com). I don't know if anything will be done, but it'll keep him informed on what's going on during games.

With refs in rec league, it's like a throw of the dice at Vegas, you don't know if you'll get good ones or not. It could have been that one or both refs wanted to get outta the game quicker so they'll let things slide. Or you could of gotten one who was on a power trip and was just being a jack hole.

I know its just a rec league and I really dont take this too seriously but when the officiating is seriously questionable is there any course of action to be taken? Again, Im not gonna lose sleep over it but if my league fee's are paying for this ref then I expect a bit more effort on their part.

I'd deffinately just bring it to the league's attention to say the least. Especially if it's an on going thing. That was the same thing we experienced when I played in Newark for some travel games as a youngster. Damn refs were trash, and seemed to favor the home team. Even if their home team was slashing the crap out of us in plain sight. :mad:

ps- if not your new Mossberg should fit in a hockey bag :D