Guess... Newbie

SicShelby

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks! I've always wanted a mustang growing up but when time came I decided to go Ls1.

I'm actually surprised that Chevy is not coming out with the full line up when the new Camaro's are coming out - they're just making the LT and the SS, no Z28 middle man. The Camaro was always bagged on by Corvette owners, too, for being an overpowered, uncontrollable, ridiculous beast.

I think they're fun. The Camaro SS is like riding a bull, the Corvette is much more refined, like a... lamb.... or something. What fun is that? Unless... you bring in the Corvette ZR1, then you're getting into supercar territory.

Yeah I yammer I while.

Thanks for the + Rep all I'm getting out of the oven. Good idea though...

• Upvote 1

Haha no kidding, most people don't make eye contact with me on the freeway... 'cept for that dude in the Miata... but... I don't think he wanted to race. And apart from that, there isn't a whole lot going on. I DID get spanked by an '04 Cobra on Sunday though. That thing was freegan niiiice. I can't WAIT to make a GT500 faster.

tough to find a stock terminator cobra anymore. there are several of us on this site, and i believe every one has at least a pulley/catback/intake and 440rwhp.

tough to find a stock terminator cobra anymore. there are several of us on this site, and i believe every one has at least a pulley/catback/intake and 440rwhp.

Good point. Everyone mods those cars... they ask for it.

Welcome guy!

Nice car choice. I had a fox coupe for my last car, it was a fun little ride- gotta love that mustang sound.

Mustangs do sound good, and they're... specific to the car, it seems like. The GT500's are a little different considering they use the 5.4L and not the 4.6L... but still - "It's all the same, only different." The GT500 is a little quiet stock though, like any other.

'Vettes with pipes are even sicker.

Good point. Everyone mods those cars... they ask for it.

Mustangs do sound good, and they're... specific to the car, it seems like. The GT500's are a little different considering they use the 5.4L and not the 4.6L... but still - "It's all the same, only different." The GT500 is a little quiet stock though, like any other.

'Vettes with pipes are even sicker.

Check out the Corsa set up

http://www.corsaperf.com

Their GT500 sounded absolutely great.

Beautiful Shelby,,,, one of my dream cars.

Noobs don't welcome noobs. Not to mention, the Shelby is an abomination. That's a retarded dream car if I ever heard of one.

Noobs don't welcome noobs. Not to mention, the Shelby is an abomination. That's a retarded dream car if I ever heard of one.

Oooooh the Shelby is an "abomination"!?

I.

Don't.

Think.

So.

:asshole:

You just stole somebody's dream. Do you steel candy away from babies too? Haha. But seriously, your "abomination" term for a Shelby needs explanation. Good luck.

• Confused 1

yep, I can agree with that. :D:D:D

Heyyyy 'nother Shelby how are ya? Haven't seen yours around I don't think - there are a couple others in the area... '07 blue/white in Delaware, and some others... I seen one a couple of months ago on 33 down my Grandview Heights, was that you?

And Robert - is your GTO black and loud as hell? The one that I seen if I remember correctly had red letter inserts in the rear bumper... was that you?

Really, why pay that much for a Mustang?

However, good intro. Welcome to CR.

IMO it's a lot of bang for the buck, considering Carroll's name is on there... now if I really had money to burn, I'd send it off to get SS badges on it. The KR's are out there, those things are selling for 100K + last I checked. CRAZY.

But to answer your question... Hell I don't know, I just love it! There are better buys out there, however, but I'm extremely biased to Ford, and Carroll Shelby. Why not buy a 'Vette? Because... even though the 'Vette is arguably a better car for the money, there are a lot of them out there, and the Shelby has more "charisma."

Yammer.

Thanks for the welcomes all...