health care supplies.. shoulder support

dragknee66

So long story short I screwed up my shoulder and need some kind of brace or support to last for a week before I can squeeze in the docs office.

Where around here can I pick up some kind of brace or sling or something. I just need to immobilize my shoulder while at home for a week really.

Lifting heavy things > me :mad:

i'll ask my brother, since he's more in tune with non-orthopedic dr.'s. are you talking about asthma, or some other specific breathing issue??

Constant "urge" to take a deep breath like a yawn. 90% of the time I can't take the full deep breath to make my body stop telling me to "yawn". That and now I'm getting muscle pain from the attempts to take these deep breaths.

You seriously hurt yourself picking up something heavy? What was it a car?

Dont think I did no.. but I cant lift anything heavy at the moment really. I basically just have an annoying stabbing feeling in the front of the shoulder.

Im rather just pissed that I took a week off from hitting the gym last week.. went back Tuesday and hit it hard only to leave in pain.. to calling an ortho yesterday and have them tell me to take another week off :mad:

Kirk by all means if you know someone really good please let me know.

My one friend suggested OSU med centers sports area.. I imagine they deal with plenty of shoulder related injuries.

if you go through OSU, go to grant jones--he deals with shoulders, and shoulders only. other good physicians through mt carmel are ken westerheide and richard fischer---all of these guys do ALL shoulder, and deal with young athletes

if you go through OSU, go to grant jones--he deals with shoulders, and shoulders only. other good physicians through mt carmel are ken westerheide and richard fischer---all of these guys do ALL shoulder, and deal with young athletes

I may know his Dad, he was in practice in Mt. Vernon for years. Until he was giving out 6000+ dosages of Vicodine for a finger injury over about two to three years. He was "asked"to retire by the Board. He is a very nice guy, just had a hard time telling people "no".

I may know his Dad, he was in practice in Mt. Vernon for years. Until he was giving out 6000+ dosages of Vicodine for a finger injury over about two to three years. He was "asked"to retire by the Board. He is a very nice guy, just had a hard time telling people "no".

you know Ron Farabaugh? im seeing dr. mahrol at his office from my car accident...my mom is a receptionist there, so naturally i went to his office

you know Ron Farabaugh? im seeing dr. mahrol at his office from my car accident...my mom is a receptionist there, so naturally i went to his office

Ya I know Ron. He was the ex-president of the OSCA. I made him spit fire one day at the OSCA meeting.