Who's up for a challenge?

rch10007

I want to remove the silver Roush stripes running down the center and sides of my truck. I believe they are some sort of vinyl and may just pull off.

Who can do this without trashing the paint?

I imagine the truck will need to be completely buffed after the stripes are removed, so I figure this will add to the cost.

Who has the experience to do this and what will it cost me?

The truck: 2006 Roush Stage 3 F150 Supercab

Here are a couple of pics of the stripes:

http://a676.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/55/l_8f952c8120ae5be25418394e7e4b730b.jpg

http://a346.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/l_2756fd939a5a34f13e9795ba4c2f2941.jpg

Depending on how it looks after the stripes come off, I may want the 4X4 on the bed removed as well.

I'm sure there's a detailer around who can smooth out where the edges were. Worst case, it might take 1000 dry, 1500 wet, rub, polish, wax...

WTF are you doing in here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be running some numbers or something? :)

I also had the same thing done but on an older car with oem pin striping, the car was 17 years old and after the stripes came off , you could def tell, He wet sanded and buffed the whole area and car, and it came out looking very good, only a few minor places you could really tell, with a truck this new im sure someone can do a wonderful job on it.

Guest tbutera2112
my dad has stripes taken off of his black 02 harley f150 about a year and a half ago, looks perfect...you shouldnt have any problem with them still showing

my dad has stripes taken off of his black 02 harley f150 about a year and a half ago, looks perfect...you shouldnt have any problem with them still showing

Where did he have them removed? How much did it cost him?

Guest tbutera2112
Where did he have them removed? How much did it cost him?

krieger ford took them off... and idk how much it cost...he did 13k in damage to the truck and when it was in for repair he had them go ahead and get rid of the stripes, so it was just lumped into his massive bill

I've seen your truck in person. I think it would look better leaving the racing stripes but taking off the side ones.

That would be alright if I were going for a "look" but I am moving to San Antonio next summer and I don't want my shit to end up south of the border.

Besides, with the stripes gone, I can put more wax on the hood which makes the 6800 lbs more areodynaminacous.

Why do you say that? The stripes are in poor condition and IF I ever want to return it to the "original" condition I can order the stripes from Roush.

Besides, with the stripes removed and a good wax job, the truck with be more aerodynamic and I can easily get into the 11's. :D At least that's what Hoblick told me and he's only charging me $850 to do it!