Looking for a motor

Sam1647545489

you mean 93 cobra motor?

if i remember right, 87-92 = no cobra..but i could be wrong!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-93-Mustang-COBRA-5-0L-Modified-Engine-w-Warranty_W0QQitemZ120310509532QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120310509532&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Thats what I am looking for. I know nothing about ford motors and what motor came with what yr hence why I asked. I think they have forged internals from factory.

Anything you need to know pm or call me, you can get a 302 ford dirt cheap, a true 93 cobra motor would go for a little more than a regular 302, the 87-92 mustang 302 ho motors had forged pistons stock which is a plus the 93's did not, there are a bunch of 302 people on here hell I have a 302 out of a 89 mustang GT that needs rebuilt no damage just low compression on cylinder 7, the aftermarket is basically unlimited on these cars/motors I have the mustang in my sig currently and have nothing into it and its a fun little car, Miller on here has a pretty nice turbo set up as well and Hoblick has a nice carb car...like I said anyhting you need to know feel free to ask, If you are looking for anything in particular let me know I frequent quite a few mustang sites and am always junkyarding

if you don't care about forged internals buy a 5.0 from an explorer or a mountaineer its the same as the 93 cobra motor and less expensive I picked one up for a 5.0 t-bird I was fixing up a couple years ago for around 750 at CCAP

if you need it to be forged you need an 87-92 production shortblock

Anything you need to know pm or call me, you can get a 302 ford dirt cheap, a true 93 cobra motor would go for a little more than a regular 302, the 87-92 mustang 302 ho motors had forged pistons stock which is a plus the 93's did not, there are a bunch of 302 people on here hell I have a 302 out of a 89 mustang GT that needs rebuilt no damage just low compression on cylinder 7, the aftermarket is basically unlimited on these cars/motors I have the mustang in my sig currently and have nothing into it and its a fun little car, Miller on here has a pretty nice turbo set up as well and Hoblick has a nice carb car...like I said anyhting you need to know feel free to ask, If you are looking for anything in particular let me know I frequent quite a few mustang sites and am always junkyarding

Let me know if you run across a forged piston one. That is what I am looking for.

Thought the 92's went over to the hyper-junk pistons, but the larger B303 style cam? Maybe I'm wrong, it's been a second since I've touched a fox body. Now if you come across some ford explorer 5.0 motors, yank the heads, and the lower/upper manifold. We just got done tuning a 91' with a Vortech S-trim, Trickflow top end, and a built AODE. Little 3,000lbs bastard belted out 445RWHP with some timing left in it. We started hitting around 320-330RWHP.

Let me know if you run across a forged piston one. That is what I am looking for.

I have a Forged internal 89 302 out of a automatic GT its supposedly sitting at my friends shop who auto crosses a volvo with a 302, If he didnt use it, its yours man, im sure you will put it to good use, ill double check and be in touch with you.

I have a Forged internal 89 302 out of a automatic GT its supposedly sitting at my friends shop who auto crosses a volvo with a 302, If he didnt use it, its yours man, im sure you will put it to good use, ill double check and be in touch with you.

Awesome man, let me know.

Guest Removed
I just sold my extra motor a little ways back.

I like my Cobra engine :) and I like where you're heads at too. a 5.0 rx7 is much more sexy then a 5.7

85-93 5.0 = forged pistons(in most case's) e7 heads small roller cam

93 "cobra" 5.0 = forged or hyper pistons, gt-40(3 bar) heads, better roller cam

94 -95 cobra 5.0 hyper pistons with gt-40 heads, roller cam so on

explorer engines 5.0 forged or hyper pistons, stronger rod, gt-40p(4 bar heads), roller cam

depending on use, id use a early 5.0 with gt-40 or gt-40p's, aftermarket cam so on. but getting the use of this engine out of sam is going to be like pulling teeth from a chicken! :cool: