red light cameras

intriguing_olds

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure my plates would be really hard to read from the picture. I have a flat tinted cover inside a curved tinted cover, it makes weird reflections from different angles.

I don't know that it's just a still photo. The ones I've seen online actually show the vehicle in a movie....or at least a very good series of images, thus the plate may very well be captured from an angle at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
You can go out and get 2 of those little battery powered LED flashlights that are on a strap you wear around your head when your walking or riding a bike. Then go to radio shack and get little IR emitters, get how ever many IR things as there are LED's in the light. Then all you have to do it take the lights apart, un solder the LED's and solder in the IR's and find a way to mount them above or next to your license plates. The IR makes it so cameras cant see it, it just looks like a spot light coming from your plate but its not visible to people. Works with video or still.

I wonder how this could work since the cameras use IR light to photograph the license plate and eliminate shadows?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
They are ripping out all the cameras here in Phoneix now, its awesome!!! Now I can push the S4 a lil on the highway...

As I understand it, that is a result of you guys changing your state governor.

Mike

• 1 month later...

i got this on my front plate.

http://www.radarbusters.com/radar-detector-accessories/laser-veil/lasershield.cfm

its made as a protection against lasers but seems to work pretty well with photo cameras too.

ive been flashed a couple times before least up in toledo (they have cameras everywhere up there) and I've never got a ticket in the mail.