breaking up on spray

88lx5oh

so i have an issue with the nitrous..

spray the car and it breaks up real bad

tried bumping fuel pressure and decreasing and does the same.

i had maybe 3 good pulls total where it didnt break up of about 15 or so.

adjusted timing a bit, checked plugs (looked fine), its jetted correctly, bottle at 900psi, bottle all the way on, etc. etc.

get on the car, hit 3k spray is on, and the car falls on its face its breaking up soemthign fierce.. any ideas???

so i have an issue with the nitrous..

spray the car and it breaks up real bad

tried bumping fuel pressure and decreasing and does the same.

i had maybe 3 good pulls total where it didnt break up of about 15 or so.

adjusted timing a bit, checked plugs (looked fine), its jetted correctly, bottle at 900psi, bottle all the way on, etc. etc.

get on the car, hit 3k spray is on, and the car falls on its face its breaking up soemthign fierce.. any ideas???

you might be running out of fuel when you spray

Guest Removed
auto lite 24's, gap at .040. car worked flawless for me. but then i only did 2 pass's on it. both being 2nd threw 4th gear. im thinking maybe one the the noids are actting up and not shotting(im thinking spray one).

im running an MSD 6AL and blaster 2 coil, autolite 24s..

i think it seems to be a too much fuel issue.. i think that is what me and Josh were figuring at the track.. butt now i dont know, hence why im here for suggestions

Guest Removed
make sure the n20 is coming threw the noid. take the hose off the plate turn the bottle on and bring the motor up on the switch then hit the micro. at the same time take the fuel hose and stick it a fuel jug. this way you can make sure you are getting both! these are the hoses coming off the noid! if the n20 side is not shooting much you'll know it. just dont spray yourself with it!

Guest 614Streets

Just want to say that If its a too much fuel issue, that I did not see black smoke from your car at the track. I honestly can't say anything with out seeing it first hand. You mentioned at the track that you were running a dead head regulator and that it was creeping up on you to high psi.

I wasn't quite sure what you meant when you said high psi at the regulator. I do remember its a 650 holley dp and carb psi

spark plugs need to be at 30-35 and 1 step colder than stock and check your n2o filter and when u check n2o flow use a rag to hold the hose and hold it on for about 5 sec blowing in the air to see ifit dies off any.

dont run an n2o filter

and Will, gauge for the fuel pressure on the nitrous side is burying itself over 15psi until you get on the bottle, then stays at 6 psi as long as your on the spray, off the spray the gauge creeps back up and pins over 15psi

im running a holley black pump and 2 holley regs one for spray and one for the carb

Guest Removed

basiclly. his setup was like mine. only thing is he has one pump.

the feed line up to the front y's off to both reg's. one feeds the carb the other feeds the spray. but his gauges are off the side of the reg thats not being used. my gauges came right off the spray noid, and the carb. even when i had one pump running both, i never had issue with the fuel side creeping up like that. im still tryying to figure out how it was working fine for me, then is breaking up bad for him...only diffence was i hit it with the 25's in it on 100, then changed to the 24's and tweeked the carb up some . i never tryyed it after that.

Guest Removed
The thing is it shouldn't spike pressure up on the outlet of the dead head regulator to anything except where it is set , 6psi for example.

mine never did. but my gauges where tapped in different. :confused:

i can try teeing off the fuel noid for my gauge (rob got an automoter in the cowl installed now)

me and josh even tried running just one reg, and had the gauge ran off the carb log... pressure stil creeps with the motor off and pump kicked on. and still broke up on the bottle.

im frustrated and havent touched the car since i brought it home.

need to take a week off from it.

someone else said the noids may be to big... any ideas there??

Guest Removed
Gauges shouldnt be on the side not being used.

his carb side seems to be working fine like that. and i think it was mounted that way when he got it. the y at his carb has the fitting for it, and it should be tapped there. and the other right at the noid. but not much room there. :( should be ok at the other end. i was thinking of that when i had it here, but didnt have the fitting i needed to change it. :( plus it was like 11:30 and the hood was bitching they was tryying to sleep while im in the driveway revving his car setting timing and what not :o

Guest Removed

thats not going to be a issue. the jet is what keeps the fuel at bay. i just need to tinker with it one day, for a whole day instead of just a few LATE hours here and there.

Guest 614Streets
i can try teeing off the fuel noid for my gauge (rob got an automoter in the cowl installed now)

me and josh even tried running just one reg, and had the gauge ran off the carb log... pressure stil creeps with the motor off and pump kicked on. and still broke up on the bottle.

im frustrated and havent touched the car since i brought it home.

need to take a week off from it.

I was going to reply I have a set you can borrow to see if your noids are too big vs the shot , but one thing at a time. I have 2 sets of the tight small noids, better for 100-125! But like rob said that has nothing to do with additional fuel , however they do deliver faster and crisper when the shot is 75-125!

Dude my s10 was a complete handful just bringing it to the track , don't give up or get too frustrated these things ALWAYS come up. Always. :D