Good mustang forums

Sam1647545489

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam... Look at this Liberty built T5... $600 its a good deal... I dont know if he still has it though...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/861694370.html

Also I have a whole 5.0 parts car that I'm parting out now. Let me know if you need something??? It's mostly stock but it has a few aftermarket parts on it...

Oh BTW... I think I know what car are you talking about... I just didnt know he was trying to get rid of it???

He wasnt trying to get rid of it. He shot out a fair number and I took him up on it. Trying to duplicate the car would of costed me alot more then what I will have in it.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

Did I ever say it was- I said reliability drastically drops after 400 rwhp and 6000 rpm.

You said girdles were a marketing gimmick. They're designed to keep a bottom end together... not keep a block from splitting.

Saying a girdle is worthless because a 5.0 liter still splits is like saying you don't like Ice Cream because Taco Bell sells hot sauce. It has nothing to do with anything.

He wasnt trying to get rid of it. He shot out a fair number and I took him up on it. Trying to duplicate the car would of costed me alot more then what I will have in it.

I like that car a lot... I wish he threw a number at me... I would have taken him up on it too... Good luck to you with the car sir... If you ever get bored with it or want to get rid of it, I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands...

I like that car a lot... I wish he threw a number at me... I would have taken him up on it too... Good luck to you with the car sir... If you ever get bored with it or want to get rid of it, I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands...

Get rid of a one of kind car. So far that we have been able to search, it is the only one of its kind.

The 3650 is what is in the 01 and up gt's and Machs, I would say its a 3550 I know people run those with the 5.0s. I love the way my 3650 shifts when it stays together, but I do not like the 3550's

yeah, you're right. its been so long since i've been in the 5.0 game, and up to date with my knowledge base. just reminds me i've got to do something with my '87 to get it to be fun again.

Sam... Look at this Liberty built T5... $600 its a good deal... I dont know if he still has it though...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/861694370.html

Also I have a whole 5.0 parts car that I'm parting out now. Let me know if you need something??? It's mostly stock but it has a few aftermarket parts on it...

Oh BTW... I think I know what car are you talking about... I just didnt know he was trying to get rid of it???

do you happen to have the interior from this car your parting? i need just about every thing but the dash

You said girdles were a marketing gimmick. They're designed to keep a bottom end together... not keep a block from splitting.

Saying a girdle is worthless because a 5.0 liter still splits is like saying you don't like Ice Cream because Taco Bell sells hot sauce. It has nothing to do with anything.

ok- thank you for learning me.

ok- thank you for learning me.

A better example would be a LC2 (and not just because I'm into them).

The biggest weak point on a LC2 has always been the two bolt mains. Before girdles were available it was unheard of to run high 10s in even a light weight car (by light, I mean around 3200lbs).

Today it is common to see a TSM car (3400lbs minimum, stock block, full interior "street car") deep into the 9s. Without a girdle every single 9 second TSM car would join the DOTC (drove over the crank) club - probably on the very first pass.

I'll give you a dollar to find me a low 9 second TSM car going that fast without a girdle.

Hell, TSM will probably be in the 8s before the season is over. The record just dropped to a 9.10, and another car with a brand new combo just went 9.20 off the trailer. Between those two cars, one will be in the 8s very shortly. If you told anyone in the Buick game that five years ago you would have been laughed at.

So no, girdles aren't a marketing gimmick.