Engine removal 5.0 mustang

Stimmel1647545512

I am wondering How much more work it is to take the engine out of a 5.0 mustang, I already have the upper intake off and the car is a 5 speed car, I would like to take the motor out, put a new oil pan and gasket on the car, is this easily done or is a pain in the ass, I have an engine stand and hoist....

Just wondering if i should thorw the new intake on or pull the motor and clean it up while the intake is off

that being said, does anyone have the mount thing that bolts to a mustang 5.0 intake to pull the engine out?

easy..

unbolt alternator, bellhousing, motor mounts, headers from h pipe

unplug all wiring to motor, alternator wires, gournd strap to motor, etc etc. yank out.

you can use the lower intake manni bolts to pull atleast i did on the car i just pulled the motor out of.

take a few of the bellhousing bolts with you to mount to the engine stand.

do the rear main if it has a leak while your there.

I got a day off wed hollar if you need help.

Word wedensday is prob the day it would actullay be comming up and out, I have the upper intake off picking up my lower from rob supposedly, I have some other goodies goin in as well ill give you a call my friend, thanks

It's a easy job! If you have a basic understanding of motors then you can pull it, put your new parts on/in, and have it running later that night. I always found it easier to pull the tranny also just because it can be a bitch to line up the bell and motor if your doing it solo. Best of luck to ya

Guest Removed
Word wedensday is prob the day it would actullay be comming up and out, I have the upper intake off picking up my lower from rob supposedly, I have some other goodies goin in as well ill give you a call my friend, thanks

so you putting it on? or do you have me rushing to get this done so it cant sit there?

the only supposedly about it would be me getting it done, and then you not showing up or calling :asshole:

so you putting it on? or do you have me rushing to get this done so it cant sit there?

the only supposedly about it would be me getting it done, and then you not showing up or calling :asshole:

HAHA I will be calling you tommorw I promise, ill be down by the junkyard ill look for your trim pieces if you need them still but No rush if you are busy my friend, I think im pulling the motor tommorow or tuesday and dropping it back in this week, Im going mass air so I might be throwing in a cam....

Thanks for all the input guys, anyone in worthington that wants to give a hand anytime this week let me know ha

Thanks

Guest Removed
are you just changing the oil pan gasket?

you only need to lift the motor up 2 or 3 inches to change it in the car.....

im thinking he is planning on resealing the whole thing!

and painting of course!

btw andy i have that frpp gasket kit here, tho i wouldnt use the oil pan one, the rest are there!

im thinking he is planning on resealing the whole thing!

and painting of course!

btw andy i have that frpp gasket kit here, tho i wouldnt use the oil pan one, the rest are there!

whats wrong with the oil pan gasket? I dont think im doing head gaskets and will prob need bigger intake mani gaskets for that explorer intake of mine you have right?

Guest Removed

i like the one piece oil pan gaskets..they seal way better then the 4 pice deal that come's in this kit!

youll need the head gaskets if you are swapping out for better now or later.

plus the rear main seal's in there and so on. might as well re gasket the whole thing while you have it out so that way you know its all sealed up!

i like the one piece oil pan gaskets..they seal way better then the 4 pice deal that come's in this kit!

youll need the head gaskets if you are swapping out for better now or later.

plus the rear main seal's in there and so on. might as well re gasket the whole thing while you have it out so that way you know its all sealed up!

I wasnt planning on taking the heads off i dont think I have a mass air conversion kit but dont want to put that in at the same time but i do want to do a cam but have no idea how to install a cam haha i guess ill just need some help......

Guest Removed
I wasnt planning on taking the heads off i dont think I have a mass air conversion kit but dont want to put that in at the same time but i do want to do a cam but have no idea how to install a cam haha i guess ill just need some help......

if your doing a cam you'll need the mass air! unless you can get the speed denisty tuned for it :D

and notice i said head now or LATER!