GTRs breaking already

RedRocket1647545505

Wow that's complete bull shit. I understand that you shouldn't do it all the time but to create a feature specifically for this and then void the warrenty when people use the feature is complete bullshit. You should be ashamed Nissan.

First year of a high tech car. Hopefully within 1 or 2 they get the bugs worked out ... ya know ... like the tranny grenading all over the place using a feature advertised for the car.

Or popping a piston when you use the air condition "liberally".

At first I thought the guy was just a bad driver. Then I read futher down and saw what Nissan told the guy...."You can't turn off the VDC it voids the warranty" What is the point of buying a car thats advertised as a sports car, but can't be driven like one? Way to go Nissan :nono:

Happened to WRXs too at first, then the STI came out with a almost bulletproof Trany. Haven't we all learned that High HP cars are going to break somewhere if they are abused. Physics is physics....

Because F-bodys never break, Vettes never break, RX7s never break, Mustangs never break, STis never break, Evos never break, Supras never break, Vipers never break, SS trailblazers never break, SRT-4s never break, Grand nations and T-Types never break, DSMs are known to break. :cool:

In a couple of years from now we will discover the truth of what a piece of shit the GT-R is.

Flame away.

As much i love flaming, i have to agree with you.

All i wanted was a manual gearbox, no flappy paddle electronic slushbox..

People here flamed me months ago when my gearbox broke and i claimed it was "weak"

This gearbox has been the achilles heel of the car from day one, this car will never make serious horsepower like the RB26, Not a chance..

The spirit of the GT-R died with the R34 and the RB26.

i regret buying it..

Interresting...

RX7s never break

NEVAR!!! THIS IS THE TRUFF!

in reading a bit on the thread it seems that the dealers were making individuals sign a waiver that specifically stated if they took off the VCD it voided the warranty. You have to take off the VCD to use the launch control so they're in a round about way saying you can't use the launch control (Nissan doesn't acknowledge to the public that the launch control actually exists for liability reasons)...which sucks because that's how they came up with those nifty 0-60 times that they tout so much.

the point is if you pay that much for a car, it should be built well enough not to break while still stock, under any about any type of driving short of jumping rail road tracks and mudding.

i gotta say, is anyone really suprised? the marketing of this car has been shady from the start, with all the quotes from nissan people, the 'ring time, the inconsistancy, the physics bending numbers. hopefully more of this crap will happen and nissan will be left with a giant black eye instead of hailed as kings buy the playstation crowd.

the best part is, anyone talks crap about an auto manufacturer, the big 3 are the first to take the punches with their arms tied. the overrated power figure in the 99 cobras for example, is referenced, but people turn a blind eye to all of this BS surrounding the GT-R. but i digress, the japanese can do no wrong!!!

Wow, I just read that same article on another forum. News of this is traveling fast in the auto community. I agree, Nissan dropped the ball big time on this one. And, just as a side note, I have not been a fan of this model since it was a prototype, they went the wrong direction from what a GTR is supposed to be. FUCK NISSAN!

I read that this was the way Nissan was going to handle this after my buddy telling him way back about it. I couldn't believe the shit they were saying. Why would you spend all that money only to for nissan to hand you a "nanny key"? (reference :D ) It's an incredible piece of engineering technology, no doubt, but it's too bad that what I heard has now turned out to be true. AFAIK, they at least removed some of the restrictions for out of Japan GTR's but you still lose the warranty.

"Here you go sir. Here's the pistol you bought. Feel free to load it. But you aren't allowed to shoot it. :o "

Wtf?

I read that this was the way Nissan was going to handle this after my buddy telling him way back about it. I couldn't believe the shit they were saying. Why would you spend all that money only to for nissan to hand you a "nanny key"? (reference :D ) It's an incredible piece of engineering technology, no doubt, but it's too bad that what I heard has now turned out to be true. AFAIK, they at least removed some of the restrictions for out of Japan GTR's but you still lose the warranty.

"Here you go sir. Here's the pistol you bought. Feel free to load it. But you aren't allowed to shoot it. :o "

Wtf?

No shit.

Here's the 'make the car do cool shit' button, but you can't press it cause it'll void your warranty, plus the car can't handle it anyways.

But thanks for your $80,000.