AK question for Gun Crew

Wonderboy

Im cleaning my ak-47 for the first time and I was wondering if I should use the same solvent to clean the gas tube as what I would use to clean the barrel? The only reason I am asking is because Im unsure if I should put it in there and then have it blowing back through the gun the next time that I fire it. The solvent bottle says to avoid contact with the "action". Any feedback would be appreciated.

AK? Cleaning? :lol:

Yeah, yeah, I know. But Ive put about 1200 rounds through it so I figured it was time. I have heard of people going 10,000 rounds with no issues but Im bored.

Side note: I love your avatar! Glock FTW!

When I was in Iraq I used WD40 on my rifle and got yelled at because it hurts the metal or some shit, and we're only allowed to use cleaning kits with army NSN's (serial numbers). That stuff worked great so we duct taped the can and markered "Magic Spray" with stars and stuff, and wrote a fake NSN on the side. It was funny.

lol, thats good stuff.

Yeah, yeah, I know. But Ive put about 1200 rounds through it so I figured it was time. I have heard of people going 10,000 rounds with no issues but Im bored.

Side note: I love your avatar! Glock FTW!

If an 8 year old African Rebel can figure it out, so can you. :D

Hoppe's #9, patches, barrel rod, cloth, and Remoil. Done.

Or use our old Iraq trick, dump in 50 gallon barrel of 15W-40, lock in 100 round drum, and fire.

Im cleaning my ak-47 for the first time and I was wondering if I should use the same solvent to clean the gas tube as what I would use to clean the barrel? The only reason I am asking is because Im unsure if I should put it in there and then have it blowing back through the gun the next time that I fire it. The solvent bottle says to avoid contact with the "action". Any feedback would be appreciated.

Wonderboy owns an AK-47? :wtf: I guess I had better take-back my earlier comments about his Schwinn ... :eek: