Motor Swaps

thorne

After 1/4 miling my bike I have a new found intrest. I really would like to have a faster bike but i don't want to buy a whole new one. I've seen that I can fit a 1991 GSXR motor in my bike, I don't know how fast that would make it.

I want to be capable of running low 11's

After 1/4 miling my bike I have a new found intrest. I really would like to have a faster bike but i don't want to buy a whole new one. I've seen that I can fit a 1991 GSXR motor in my bike, I don't know how fast that would make it.

I want to be capable of running low 11's

Do you just have some obsession with modding? I mean why don't you just start with something faster. I like your car, but had you started a little higher in the Subi family...........

Don't get me wrong I like your car, but with all the work you've done I'd want to be faster.

Do you just have some obsession with modding? I mean why don't you just start with something faster. I like your car, but had you started a little higher in the Subi family...........

Don't get me wrong I like your car, but with all the work you've done I'd want to be faster.

Yes the platform was flawed because of the weak tranny but the tranny I got is designed to RALLY which is what I would like to do. The turbo was cheap. Yes I wish I would have started with a 2.5 but in the end I would have rebuilt it anyways my goal in the next 5 years is 500whp.

The bike with a motor swap would be a sleeper and I like sleepers if you notice my car looks stock.

or buy one of the repo busa's like a stolen or layed down insurance claim should be able to get one for right around 4 grand...

there was a busa for sale last week for 4500 ...1999 complete stock...just high miles...it was some olders guys frikkin dd. but he had receipts for everything. new forks..oem rebuilt (under 5k miles), wheels ,brakes, paint.... ill see if i can find it again.

• 2 weeks later...
thorne, if you really want to go the can-a-tuna route, you can drop a gs1100/1150 in there, and with minor supension work, a few motor parts, and good riding you can break into the 10's, or better lol. i built a 91 1100 katana, and i think i may still have some parts around, but yea, not all that fun to ride, and you'd be farther ahead to get a newer bike like everyone has said. its an expensive motor family to build, and fairly hard to find stock motor cases and parts anymore.

• 5 weeks later...