If gas prices continue to freefall...

copperhead

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gas prices are a direct reflection of the market... When the market falls gas falls. All the overseas companies took there shares out of the market causing this fall after the bailout. Dont ask me why, but when the market falls gas is in less demand...(dont know how) causing the price to fall.

I read somewhere where OPEC is holding an emergency meeting to try to put a stop to the plummeting oil prices.

Fuckers.

They've already been cutting production, with no effect. US consumption has dropped to where it was at back in 1999. The price of a barrel of oil dropped today to $77 from its peak of $147 only a few months ago, with no price floor in sight (it dropped over $9 today, about the same yesterday).

If the prices keep falling like this, it will allow the GOP to take credit for it, which will validate McCain's proposed policies, as opposed to Obama's policy of inflating your tires :rolleyes:

They've already been cutting production, with no effect. US consumption has dropped to where it was at back in 1999. The price of a barrel of oil dropped today to $77 from its peak of $147 only a few months ago, with no price floor in sight (it dropped over $9 today, about the same yesterday).

If the prices keep falling like this, it will allow the GOP to take credit for it, which will validate McCain's proposed policies, as opposed to Obama's policy of inflating your tires :rolleyes:

OPEC also took a big hit to the powerbase when Saudi Arabia broke away from the herd.

BTW, you may be right, it might be SEEN as validating his policies. Too bad it's wrong. Drilling more won't affect prices for years, and does nothing about global pollution. But Obama has never said "don't drill". He has said we should place more emphasis on reducing energy consumption and finding new ways to produce fuel. There are already experimental plants making petroleum through the use of algae, which CONSUME CO2 to produce fuel, rather than producing it as a by-product...and they do it for far cheaper than drilling...

First, what conspiracy theories have I ever discussed?

Second, I am asking about rotating prices. If you have no information on it then fuck off. It is something I heard may be happening.

I don't know what conspiracy theories you discuss because I skip over 90% of what you post.

But back to what you originally said - prices are dropping at the pump, because oil prices are tanking. I don't see how "rotating prices," if this theory can even be found to be true, has any bearing on our current price drop. Prices are falling across the board, not only here. From what I've seen, our prices tend to always be a bit lower than the national average.

I'm still waiting on the pump prices to catch up with the oil prices. Oil has dropped 50% off its peak, while gas has dropped 25% off its peak. It still has a ways to go. Of course, when we were paying $1/gallon, oil was somewhere around $15 - $20/barrel, so who knows where things will end up.

I don't know what conspiracy theories you discuss because I skip over 90% of what you post.

But back to what you originally said - prices are dropping at the pump, because oil prices are tanking. I don't see how "rotating prices," if this theory can even be found to be true, has any bearing on our current price drop. Prices are falling across the board, not only here. From what I've seen, our prices tend to always be a bit lower than the national average.

I'm still waiting on the pump prices to catch up with the oil prices. Oil has dropped 50% off its peak, while gas has dropped 25% off its peak. It still has a ways to go. Of course, when we were paying $1/gallon, oil was somewhere around $15 - $20/barrel, so who knows where things will end up.

Perhaps he's referencing the substantial higher prices down south. However, its not a rotating situation, its a pipeline/refinery situation caused by "IKE."

Perhaps he's referencing the substantial higher prices down south. However, its not a rotating situation, its a pipeline/refinery situation caused by "IKE."

Right. They are experiencing shortages right now, which means they naturally will have higher prices. We are fed by refineries that weren't affected by the storm, so we are at normal supply levels. This is NOT controlled price adjustments, this is certain parts of the country still recovering from a natural disaster.

- I think this is proof to the idiots who thought that our high gas prices were a result in a shortage of fuel.

- IMO this also goes the opposite for McCain, as now people aren't nearly as focused on fuel costs, one of McCain's biggest issues (not to say Obama doesn't make a huge issue of it either, but McCain is more public with his drill, drill, drill policy...one I'm not against).