[GUN CREW] - My long-range Zombie Blaster is finally finished

RedRocket1647545505

looks good austin, how do you like that bi pod? I only ask b/c i have broke two simlar to that on my m249 (saw). I had to put my oldschool bi pod back on. But i think mine might be in tougher situations then yours.

Running a Harris bi-pod on a SAW? I'm guessing you guys have the short barrels and the collapsable buttstocks too. We had the vertical grip bi-pods for all our SAW gunners. Those actually did the trick for the most part. Only really used our bi-pods during our OP's or ambushes.

I like everything except for the color of the paint. I like the pattern but for some reason the red (ish) color is not doing it for me. I dont have a idea for a better color.

It'll mostly be a benchrest gun, so I wanted to do something a bit different. It was originally all black, which IMO, gets boring after awhile.

What range are you going to site it in at 150yds or longer? Where are you going to site it in at? I have my Winchester .300wsm that I am dying to shot.

I'm not quite sure yet. I had it down to my father's place in Kentucky a couple months ago. I initially zeroed it at 100yd while I was breaking in the barrel, however, I hadn't planned on keeping this. It's got a 20MOA base on it so I had to use a shit-ton of the elevation adjustment just to get it down that far.

Anyways, I took the stock off to send it out for a repaint, so the previous zero is probably null and void at this point. I'll probably just zero it at 100yd again to finish playing with it until winter hits. At which point, I'll probably strip it down again, maybe send out the action for some work, and probably bed everything while I'm at it.

Ideally, I bought the gun for 600+ yd shots. But, I'm just getting into distance shooting so that's probably a bit optimistic on my part, not to mention we're in mid-ohio with little room to shoot. I need to dig up (or make) some drop charts for the rounds I'm using so I can determine an ideal zero for it. What that # is, I'm not sure yet. Probably around 300yd.

How big a mag?

Cosidering buying my own zombie pulper, but I'm more into mil-surp hardware. Thinking M1 or M14. But before I do that, I'm buying my Dad's .22LR from him and scoping that bitch. I figure I have at least a year before the Large Hadron Collider goes bad and destroys civilization. Plenty of time to get everything sighted in. .22 for subsistance hunting on critters too small and quick for the zombies to catch, and the big gun for zombies and bigger game.

How big a mag?

Cosidering buying my own zombie pulper, but I'm more into mil-surp hardware. Thinking M1 or M14. But before I do that, I'm buying my Dad's .22LR from him and scoping that bitch. I figure I have at least a year before the Large Hadron Collider goes bad and destroys civilization. Plenty of time to get everything sighted in. .22 for subsistance hunting on critters too small and quick for the zombies to catch, and the big gun for zombies and bigger game.

4+1 detachable mag

Running a Harris bi-pod on a SAW? I'm guessing you guys have the short barrels and the collapsable buttstocks too. We had the vertical grip bi-pods for all our SAW gunners. Those actually did the trick for the most part. Only really used our bi-pods during our OP's or ambushes.

you are right about the short barrels and collapsabel stocks. The vertical grip bi pods are on all the m4's. I turned my saw in for a M4 after i started convoy sercurty. Now i have a 240b to look after too.