Good body shop/Paint shop?

Veritas

Yeah, you try telling Phil you don't like it and watch him throw a fit. He finally told me to take it and quit bothering him.

Yeah, so much fun.

I would like to hear both sides of the story because I can't see him wanting unhappy customers when he was trying to get his business off the ground. Well he must be doing something right to go from working out of his garage to being the owner/operator of a state of the art collision repair facility that he has now.

Guest Removed

Ok 1st off what happened with rolla and the nova

2nd.Kevin at Clifford Automotive,all i have heard and seen is bad things! several members with bad taste's in there mouth. He pissed me off years ago when he was in west jeff! dont talk down to someone that is tryying to hand you there money!

3rd,1st impressions,i have heard bad and good! the work i have seen out of there was top notch! buti have heard about lots of pissed off people!

I would like to hear both sides of the story because I can't see him wanting unhappy customers when he was trying to get his business off the ground. Well he must be doing something right to go from working out of his garage to being the owner/operator of a state of the art collision repair facility that he has now.

That's not your concern. I don't give two shits what he's accomplished now. From what I hear, not much has changed with his habits.

Ok 1st off what happened with rolla and the nova

2nd.Kevin at Clifford Automotive,all i have heard and seen is bad things! several members with bad taste's in there mouth. He pissed me off years ago when he was in west jeff! dont talk down to someone that is tryying to hand you there money!

3rd,1st impressions,i have heard bad and good! the work i have seen out of there was top notch! buti have heard about lots of pissed off people!

so gearhead has never even actually seen any of kevins work... dont listen to someone who gets his panties in a twist over a war of words that he couldnt win... :asshole:

Just because First Impressions "can" do good work, doesn't mean they always "do" good work. The cars they do for Progressive have been through my shop before for rework, and I have redone a few myself. Not saying that any repair shop is perfect, but First Impressions doesn't have an outstanding reputation for quality.

Holy damn, thanks folks but I wasn't hoping for my thread to get any bad blood out there :X my fault :o

Anyhow I've got a number of different people to try now... i'd like to actually see some of the work these people have had done to really gauge how good the people are.

And would anyone out there happen to have any idea how long a typical paint job to get done?

Guess i'll be calling you then. I've not seen ant's car in a while, but I know he's rather anal about things let alone his car and judging by the pic It looks cool.

Still though, what kind of turn around time would a typical smallish car paintjob be? I don't care if it will be snowing soonish, I'm tired of my car looking like poo especially now that i'm actually having to drive it. (the woman's car got totalled after some random ass woman hit me from ONCOMING TRAFFIC on broadstreet in the mouth)

And what time will you be in tomorrow 360?

Guest Removed
so gearhead has never even actually seen any of kevins work... dont listen to someone who gets his panties in a twist over a war of words that he couldnt win... :asshole:

never said i didnt see any of his work.from one of the jobs he done(that i seen first hand), i wouldnt let him order me a fender.or match a off color!and from what i was told was charged for a complete respray! the car in question is a member here!then piece's fall off the same car a few days later! :gtfo: maybe you need to go back and reread what i said! i said heard a seen!

war of words :rolleyes: when i spoke with him on the phone in west jeff, he lost there with me. and this was years ago,after i had just joined here! and i got his number here via pm

never said i didnt see any of his work.from one of the jobs he done(that i seen first hand), i wouldnt let him order me a fender.or match a off color!and from what i was told was charged for a complete respray! the car in question is a member here!then piece's fall off the same car a few days later! :gtfo: maybe you need to go back and reread what i said! i said heard a seen!

war of words :rolleyes: when i spoke with him on the phone in west jeff, he lost there with me. and this was years ago,after i had just joined here! and i got his number here via pm

There is only one car on here that I have almost done a complete all over on. I was not paid to do an all over, nor was I paid to do all the paint work on the car that had been done. Their car was an insurance job due to a front end hit. You dont normally paint all the way down both sides of the car for a front cover, and fender. And I only put on what the insurance company tells me to.

Look me up on the board.... good to bad let me know what you find.

And if someone has a problem with any of the work we have done...They were all told, their satisfaction is what we want and all the work is guaranteed for life.

Keep in mind there is a big difference between a Body shop and a body shop that only does collision repair. I went to 4 body shops to get quotes on work on my XJ yesterday and only one shop would even give me a quote to do the work. The rest said they only do collision (aka insurance) work. I didn't make it over to Clifford after the bad taste in my mouth from the other 3 places I went to.

My room mate and i have a friend that works at First Impressions, so when my room mate got in a front end collision in his TL he took it there to get repaired. Overall it looks good BUT on the grill (looks like aluminum all around the Acura emblem), my room mate requested them to paint it black to match the car. Day or 2 later it started flaking off and currently there is probably less than 50% of the paint left on the grill. The car is actually there today getting that fixed.

Keep in mind there is a big difference between a Body shop and a body shop that only does collision repair. I went to 4 body shops to get quotes on work on my XJ yesterday and only one shop would even give me a quote to do the work. The rest said they only do collision (aka insurance) work. I didn't make it over to Clifford after the bad taste in my mouth from the other 3 places I went to.

The work I do is more paint then collision...Dealing with the shops and dealership I do its typically what I do. With the occasional insurance job here and there.

Bring it by, Id be happy to look at it for you. Dont let someone else give you a bad taste.