Radiator shopping, 87-93 Mustang equivilents?

Science Abuse

I was blasted in the face by 200deg coolant this weekend, the Cougar is telling me something. (liquid tan is BS, but liquid sunburn does work!)

I ran at Putnam Park for 2 days and boiled the cooland multiple times. At pace, I never saw less than 210deg. I'm looking fo a radiator to replace the OEM copper that's in the car. Granted, anything will be better than that, but I'm looking for the best bang/buck ratio. I'd like to drop things 10-20deg if possible without adding 8 gallons of coolant.

What kind of drop can be expected from a dimensionally identical aluminum radiator? What are the economical options for going beyond OEM dimensions?

Other mods will follow, looking ar louvering the hood, or otherwise direction air out the top-rear of the engine bay.

Thanks!

run engine ice http://engineice.com/ or something similar

Cool, but forbidden. :( We're allowed only water, they don't want anything slick or tough to clean up.

The Jegs radiator is one of the first I'd considered. If it's primarily an aiflow problem, I may just get that one.

Cool, but forbidden. :( We're allowed only water, they don't want anything slick or tough to clean up.

The Jegs radiator is one of the first I'd considered. If it's primarily an aiflow problem, I may just get that one.

I think BeCool was making the Jegs radiators if I'm not mistaken. It's a nice set up. Are you regulated on fans, or additives in the radiator?