Vote "Yes" on issue 75

Putty

I am of the opinion that I didn't have your kid, so I don't feel I should have to support it. If you couldn't afford to educate it, then you probably shouldn't have had it.

The ones who prepared are probably the ones whose children I would prefer lead this country...if that makes any sense.

Not that it matters, though. I don't live in Cbus and won't be voting on that issue anyways.

• Downvote 1

I won't be voting for it. If they lowered what they were taxing and taxed people who make around $30k and up, than maybe I'd agree. I'm going to venture out and say a lot of the people being taxed don't have children in Columbus Schools anyway.

I would, however, encourage anyone to donate to school districts before anything else.

I am of the opinion that I didn't have your kid, so I don't feel I should have to support it. If you couldn't afford to educate it, then you probably shouldn't have had it.

The ones who prepared are probably the ones whose children I would prefer lead this country...if that makes any sense.

Not that it matters, though. I don't live in Cbus and won't be voting on that issue anyways.

:lol:

Plus rep

-Marc

I too will have to vote against 75 - front page of the Dispatch Sunday eluded to the fact the schools don't really know where the money from the last levy went. Declining enrollment, failure to close more schools - they need to get their house in order before they get any more money. Also, continuing to increase teachers salaries based on years of service and not performance - sorry no support here. I am sorry for the kids, but their parents ought to be raising hell with the administrators - not raising my taxes.

By the way, on a side note (but related), when I purchased my house I asked the Franklin County Auditor's office what happened if I purchased it for less than the county's appraised value. THey informed me i could petition the county for a reduction in the valuation and hence pay less property tax. However, if I purchased my house for more than the approased value, Columbus Public Schools would immediatly submit a request to have the property value raised to the new purchase price. Maybe if they laid off that person they would hae some additional money for students.

Other countries educational systems operate more efficiently, have higher test scores and use considerably less money than ours. I don't think more money is the answer, you're just paying into greedy teachers unions that fail continiously over and over. Education reform is much needed here.

I always vote against school tax levys. When I was in school and the school would receive money from those levys, it was always mis-spent on things the schools say they wouldn't spend it on. I agree with Austin. I don't trust the clowns to spend it right, so if my vote means anything they won't get my money. Period.