Thoughts and comments on 2003+ Cadillac cts as a DD

Rustlestiltskin

sounds expensive, gas hog...does it require premium? probably synthetic oil required. not my idea of a good daily driver.

So premium gas and synthetic oil rules out a car as a daily driver..WTF?

So it basically has to be an 80's POS for it to be a daily ?

:gtfo:

my mom had an 05 and now has an 08. The first car ran great and never had a single problem...still going strong with my brother driving it and has about 40k miles on it now. So far so good on the 08 as well but it only has about 4k miles. Averaged about 24mpg in town in the 05 and the new one seems to be a little better. They seem to have plenty of power as well!

Guest tbutera2112

i know its not the same as a cts, but i personally like the lincoln LS for luxuryish cars...comes in a 3.9L v8 or if you wanted a sixxer theres a 3.0L...i think they look nicer than the cts, but i have never driven either so i cant say anything about ride quality...

http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2005/Lincoln/100462045/2005.lincoln.ls.31917-396x249.jpg

the cts is a nice car and a couple of people I know with them never had any problems with them but as far as the Lincoln ls that car is trash. They have soo many problems it ridiculous. Plus they suck in the snow. My cousins ls couldn't make it up a small incline with a light dusting of snow on the ground

I traded my 01 Mustang GT for an 05 with the 3.6. Drives great, handles awesome with the FE3 suspension package, and almost as quick as the Mustang until you get above 80-90 mph. I get around 24 mpg in town, but I drive it hard and leave it in sport mode. Paid just over 20K six months ago, had 36K miles.

the cts is a nice car and a couple of people I know with them never had any problems with them but as far as the Lincoln ls that car is trash. They have soo many problems it ridiculous. Plus they suck in the snow. My cousins ls couldn't make it up a small incline with a light dusting of snow on the ground

+1 on the Lincoln, POS and expensive to maintain. Ask Starkmaster03 how he liked working on one Saturday.

sounds expensive, gas hog...does it require premium? probably synthetic oil required. not my idea of a good daily driver.

Dude, I drive a POS Daily Driver and I only run premium and synthetic in my shit, as should most people who give a shit about their vehicles.

Im not a big GM guy but, I secretly have a little bit of a crush on these cars. Plus I havent heard anything bad about them from anybody. Any of the customers that we get that drive these seem to love them.

Mine is a V and it's pretty good for gas mileage... a lot better than you'd expect.

The V's are sick. We used to have a regular customer that has one w/ custom header back exhasut and hotchkis sway bars. The thing was a fucking beast and it actually handled impressively well for a heavy ass car. He took it to a few solo 2 events and also some open track days at mid-ohio, he absolutley loves his, and so do I. lol

i know its not the same as a cts, but i personally like the lincoln LS for luxuryish cars...comes in a 3.9L v8 or if you wanted a sixxer theres a 3.0L...i think they look nicer than the cts, but i have never driven either so i cant say anything about ride quality...

http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2005/Lincoln/100462045/2005.lincoln.ls.31917-396x249.jpg

That's because you've probably never worked on one. V6 or V8 it's still a hot mess. Being nice to look at/drive, but spensive parts/pita to work on. No thanks, I'd take an Audi if I wanted that :)

My mom has driven various ones since they came out. I would love to have one as a daily. I haven't run into anything strange or habitual on hers. I will most likely look into one when I decide to get a different daily.

I personally wouldn't want to trek to work in two feet of snow in a rwd car..

It's actually not too bad. I got stuck once in my mom's but, that was because I was trying to. After getting stuck I was able to rock it out.

+1 on the Lincoln, POS and expensive to maintain. Ask Starkmaster03 how he liked working on one Saturday.

Both the CTS and the Lincoln LS are both nice cars. I personally like the CTS better all around and as for Scott's commen: The LS has a Jag suspension, only way to replace the front lower ball joints is to replace the aluminum knuckle and when the uper ball joint cross treads coming out, you have to replace the aluminum upper control arm. Of course dealer only parts FTW!!!