Seriously... Gas... WTF?

SicShelby

So gas is now dipping below $75 a barrel because "OPEC is cutting future demand." I swear, everything that happens affects gas prices. A fucking illegal alien with a bad cup of coffee in the morning before cutting grass will make it go up.

HOLY CRAP. So don't get me wrong, it's great that they're going back down, but it makes you wonder how much bullshit they really tell people as to why it's so out of hand.

It doesn't make sense. Who knows? Anyone here know?

the oil companies only make 600billion in a 1/4 (i believe thats right). so they can cut their profits to let everyone relax a little then shoot them back up

Ohhhh I'm wait'n for it - it'll be spring next year. Somehow OPEC knows EXACTLY when the Shelby goes into, and out of, storage. Bastards.

Personally I'm almost inclined to think that they were getting way to out of hand, way too fast, and the price/barrel, frick'n WHATEVER, had to be undone so that they can get back to their regular "jack them up a little at a time" so there isn't as much bull.

Did I say bullshit? BULLSHIT :bs:

Ohhhh I'm wait'n for it - it'll be spring next year. Somehow OPEC knows EXACTLY when the Shelby goes into, and out of, storage. Bastards.

Personally I'm almost inclined to think that they were getting way to out of hand, way too fast, and the price/barrel, frick'n WHATEVER, had to be undone so that they can get back to their regular "jack them up a little at a time" so there isn't as much bull.

Did I say bullshit? BULLSHIT :bs:

Thats why you buy a fun car you can drive year round ;)

Calm before the storm... wait until the Fed starts printing money, hyperinflation -- yummy.

Can't have hyperinflation when all the currencies your money is printed against are in the same boat.

Plus...

Inflation and devaluation of the USD is not always a horrible thing

The dollar should weaken, which will direct some of the resulting excess productive capacity toward exports, thereby reducing and eventually eliminating our heavy dependency on foreign saving.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/13/news/economy/sachs_opinion.fortune/index.htm

Maybe I'm not so crazy, as I have been saying this for months, and now a renowned economist is saying the same thing.... hmmmm

What?

Saudi Arabia is still an OPEC nation

Yes and no... They haven't formally left, but because they're so fed up with Iran and Venezuela, they've basically said "We're going to do whatever the hell we want, and you can go piss yourselves."

Yes and no... They haven't formally left, but because they're so fed up with Iran and Venezuela, they've basically said "We're going to do whatever the hell we want, and you can go piss yourselves."

They already did what ever they wanted... They have been the largest producer in OPEC since it began. Oil at $75 is about where Saudi Arabia wants it, and Iran and Venezuala want it (need it) at about $100.

Anyways, it doesn't really even matter as OPEC only controlled a percentage of one portion of the equation when it comes to oil prices.

the oil companies only make 600billion in a 1/4 (i believe thats right). so they can cut their profits to let everyone relax a little then shoot them back up

But what is their profit margin? Compared to other fortune 500 companies? Yeah, they are not crooks. If you want to go after companies that are screwing people, find the ones with high profits margins, not high profits.