decision on trade

Reed44

I'm with Phil on this one... LT1 > fox, hands down. The only time I've been impressed with the performance of a fox was when Chad's single and twin turbo kits were thrown in the mix.

It wasn't until '03 that Ford actually realized that they could not build a motor to rival Chevy's LTx and LSx cars, they had to add a blower to defeat the mighty 4th gen.

Now with the LSx motors out there, Mustangs are a true joke.

I think you need to take the GM blinders off for a minute and do some research as far as the 5.0 crowd is concerned. This isn't about the LSX cars. They are a much better platform than the LTX cars and that is the first really accurate statement in this thread so far. Yes, LTX cars can be made fast. The fact that it is easier and much cheaper to make power in a fox body is the issue here. If you think that the only way that a fox body is worth anything is with someone's turbo kit, then you should stop posting before you make yourself look any more ignorant of the mustang aftermarket.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LT1 and LS1 F-Bodies are piles of fucking shit.

LT1 motor is weaksauce, rear diff is an utter pile of shit and just about everything in the interior falls apart.

LSx cars are a little better, but they're still horrid shit boxes with worthless rear axles.

I would MUCH rather have a fox.

That said, G-Body > *

LT1 and LS1 F-Bodies are piles of fucking shit.

LT1 motor is weaksauce, rear diff is an utter pile of shit and just about everything in the interior falls apart.

LSx cars are a little better, but they're still horrid shit boxes with worthless rear axles.

I would MUCH rather have a fox.

That said, G-Body > *

So why was an F-Body disrespecting and walking mothefuckers all summer...

an LT1 is more reliable? last i heard, phils car was sitting at home leaking gear oil all over his driveway...and since his LT1 and his old fox are the only cars that matter, then that means every LT1 is unreliable, and every fox body is slow

thats awsome that your bring that up, isnt your shit fucked up to? as a matter of fact, i can drive my car still, i choose not to. my fox body had way less mi, than my lt1, almost 60k less to be exact. and they were both 93s, i went through 3 clutches so i think my reliablity factor is the same. seeing with the same mods my fox went 14.0s, and fbody went high 12s, bit of a difference there. the stang lasted longer cuz i didnt go as hard on it, seeing as it was my only car. i had a 96 as well, lets talk about that piece of shit. no, lets not, in the 6months i owned it, i got beat by a jeep cherokee, and i drove it maybe 5 times because it had 0 pick up to it. my old civic would beat that cars ass and it had a baby turbo on it. it didnt like to power shift, and lets not forget traction. that car couldnt get traction for shit. so tyler, spend all your pennies putting in your big block ford and if you have it together by next year, im putting the 1000 dollars im stealing from miller, and im putting it on our race. and the funny part is , im not swapping motors, im adding a baby cam, and stock ported heads. hope you enjoy your pig getting wamp by a lil ol, shitbox lt1 cause thats whtas going to happen

No, I do have an idea of what I am talking about. One car story does not make a car reliable or unreliable... don't base the longevity of a LT1 on your poor driving skills.

What I've seen is a lot of people throw CC306 and other high RPM cams in LT1 motors and pop them, this motor was not meant to shifted at 7k in stock form.

You do not make any sense brother... what does my driving skills, which you have never witnessed btw, have anything to do with reliability? IE leaking intake manifold that ruined a clutch,both power window failures, t-top leaks, headlight motor failures, 2 broken rearends, 100K plugs that lost platinum discs at 25K, false knock, terrible interior fitment, creaks, rattles, etcetc

I was on the f-body mailing list since 1995 until 2004 and attended all but one of the annual events- I know f-bodies.

The cc306 was the recipe for sucess ala chris marsh and his 12.0 N/A stock displacement blueprinted LT1 and is what it took to make them fast N/A at the time and the damn thing would hardly idle at stop lights and surged like a mofo.

I am not a GM or Ford guy by any means- I would likely buy a new f-body if they ever come out with it.

I currently drive a z06 corvette but my 5.0 coupe will always have a special place in my heart... my f-body was a fun car that I enjoyed thoroughly, I just don't want another fourth-gen.

We are not debating LS1 vs LT1- if you want to however ;-)... bone stock LS1 SS 1999 my sisters car....

My LT1 car had ET Streets, six speed, 4.10 gears, ripper shifter, ported MAF, dumps, 160 T-stat, LT4 ESC module and a few more doodads and her bone stock 99 LS1 SS walked me on street tires while she jammed to the radio at national trails. Anyone remember john campbell and his chili pepper red 98 back in 98-99?

Where is Fetter...

I think you need to take the GM blinders off for a minute and do some research as far as the 5.0 crowd is concerned. This isn't about the LSX cars. They are a much better platform than the LTX cars and that is the first really accurate statement in this thread so far. Yes, LTX cars can be made fast. The fact that it is easier and much cheaper to make power in a fox body is the issue here. If you think that the only way that a fox body is worth anything is with someone's turbo kit, then you should stop posting before you make yourself look any more ignorant of the mustang aftermarket.

im not saying fox bodies cant be made fast, anything can be, what im arguing is the simple fact of money for speed. thats it, tyler keeps dragging in how awsome fox bodies are over fbodies. i enjoy the fox, dont get me wrong, loved the car, will get another, but it has to be when i have more $ to do so with. i just know simply with the same bolt ons my fbody was almost a second and a half faster than my fbody.

oh and kenny is gay because all he knows is about gbody. :asshole:

My little LT1 has whooped enough 5.0 and 4.6 cars at the track to HIGHLY disagree with that statement. And that 4.6 is both the 2v and 4v variety. :)

I'll 100% agree that the stock F-body 10-bolt is a POS, but the tranny is far stronger than the Mustang's (year for year for the most part), so IMO that whole statement is a wash.

It should be as it weighs nearly 200 lbs versus 75 lbs- t56 versus t5 ;)

I don't know why I wasted so much time in this thread...

They are both fun cars with their own unique idiosyncrasies. Both can be made very fast with enough money and they are too close in the end (weighing handling, mileage, looks, mod potential, ability to withstand abuse, braking, sound, etc) to justify getting rid of one (taking a loss on resale/mods/etc.) to get the other.

You do not make any sense brother... what does my driving skills, which you have never witnessed btw, have anything to do with reliability? IE leaking intake manifold that ruined a clutch,both power window failures, t-top leaks, headlight motor failures, 2 broken rearends, 100K plugs that lost platinum discs at 25K, false knock, terrible interior fitment, creaks, rattles, etcetc

I was on the f-body mailing list since 1995 until 2004 and attended all but one of the annual events- I know f-bodies.

The cc306 was the recipe for sucess ala chris marsh and his 12.0 N/A stock displacement blueprinted LT1 and is what it took to make them fast N/A at the time and the damn thing would hardly idle at stop lights and surged like a mofo.

I am not a GM or Ford guy by any means- I would likely buy a new f-body if they ever come out with it.

I currently drive a z06 corvette but my 5.0 coupe will always have a special place in my heart... my f-body was a fun car that I enjoyed thoroughly, I just don't want another fourth-gen.

We are not debating LS1 vs LT1- if you want to however ;-)... bone stock LS1 SS 1999 my sisters car....

My LT1 car had ET Streets, six speed, 4.10 gears, ripper shifter, ported MAF, dumps, 160 T-stat, LT4 ESC module and a few more doodads and her bone stock 99 LS1 SS walked me on street tires while she jammed to the radio at national trails. Anyone remember john campbell and his chili pepper red 98 back in 98-99?

Where is Fetter...

You said in your previous post that your LT1 lasted 75k miles before it was TOTALED... So your comparison didn't really make sense. The whole rear end thing is all about how you drive... yeah its weak but give me a Ford rear and I'll destroy that mofo, even with the wopping 220 horses that a 5.0 has.

My LT1 vs LS1 experiment concluded that it took a cam/head/full bolt ons for a LT1 to go neck and neck with my LS1. The CC306 is good for a built motor, but not a stock bottom end. A top secret experimental government funded technology called "tuning" could have fixed the surge.

Do you have the primer hooded Z0 with the plates NOGT4ME or something like that?? Saw that dude yesterday on 270.

You said in your previous post that your LT1 lasted 75k miles before it was TOTALED... So your comparison didn't really make sense. The whole rear end thing is all about how you drive... yeah its weak but give me a Ford rear and I'll destroy that mofo, even with the wopping 220 horses that a 5.0 has.

My LT1 vs LS1 experiment concluded that it took a cam/head/full bolt ons for a LT1 to go neck and neck with my LS1. The CC306 is good for a built motor, but not a stock bottom end. A top secret experimental government funded technology called "tuning" could have fixed the surge.

Do you have the primer hooded Z0 with the plates NOGT4ME or something like that?? Saw that dude yesterday on 270.

FYI my f-body was totaled due to a hydroplane in standing rain in cincinnati where I was traveling at 65 mph, tried to take an exit ramp, the rearend came out, the car spun and hit a wall... It was such a POS at 75K miles though I used the insurance money to buy an acura RSX-S for my wife instead of another f-body ls1 or not.

I would like to see you destroy a 8.8 with a stock motor. I would even be surprised you could spin an axle spline (the weak link)...and axles are only 250.00 new and then the rear is virtually unbreakable.

I am in agreeement it will take heads, cam, and bolt ons for an lt1 to run with an ls1.

That wasn't me- my z is silver and bone stock in every way and I am loving it like this.

96 + ported PI heads, turbo cams, PI intake, turbo.... what is that? like 6grand in mods? and a whopping 400rwhp...then when you turn the boost up and it blows up at 400-450hp, he can spend another 3 grand on a bottom end!...for 9grand, he could make a fox to stomp it!!

94-98 body ftl anyways

My 98 went 13.3@101 on stock non-pi heads, would have gone 12's with headers and a tune. BTW did PI cam and intake swap for under $300, PI heads alone are only worth 10-15 hp, the rest is in the intake and cams.

On the street I walked a few cocky LT-1, 5.0's and Pi modular cars, before i was hit by a drunk driver.

Two-valve mod motors just suck entirely, the bore is way to small to get enough flow over the shrouded valves. As far as body style that is a matter of opinion, I prefer the SN-95 models myself.

I would like to see you destroy a 8.8 with a stock motor. I would even be surprised you could spin an axle spline (the weak link)...and axles are only 250.00 new and then the rear is virtually unbreakable.

I agree to a point, with a set of ET streets an 8.8 can pop a 28 spline axle, or spin an axle tube, seen both happen, but again it's hard.