Thanks to Shanton & Co. at Discount Tire

TTQ B4U

Thanks goes out to Shanton and company over at Discount Tire on Sawmill Rd. Marty Flaherty there too is very cool. He's actually my old Neighbor and between the two got my new snow shoes all mounted and ready to go :)

Second props to Derek downtown too as he was more than helpful several weeks back when I was considering a brand new set up. I likely would have worked with him, but I found this deal and couldn't pass it up. Discount is just down the street from my house too.

I ended up buying a set of OZ Superleggera and WS50 Blizzarks off an older couple in Upper Arlington and negotiated them down to just over $300 :eek::p:cool:

The tires only have about 12,000 miles on them too. Came off an 04 RX8.

I know some here hate it, but Craig's List for the win for me many times over :thumbup:

Sounds cray to have OZ Wheels for the winter set up but hey, it works and the price was awesome. 215/55/17's

Pics of them on the car soon to come, but here's what they are:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5115/oz4nz3.jpg

:cool:

Thanks goes out to Shanton and company over at Discount Tire on Sawmill Rd. Marty Flaherty there too is very cool. He's actually my old Neighbor and between the two got my new snow shoes all mounted and ready to go :)

Second props to Derek downtown too as he was more than helpful several weeks back when I was considering a brand new set up. I likely would have worked with him, but I found this deal and couldn't pass it up. Discount is just down the street from my house too.

I ended up buying a set of OZ Superleggera and WS50 Blizzarks off an older couple in Upper Arlington and negotiated them down to just over $300 :eek::p:cool:

The tires only have about 12,000 miles on them too. Came off an 04 RX8.

I know some here hate it, but Craig's List for the win for me many times over :thumbup:

Sounds cray to have OZ Wheels for the winter set up but hey, it works and the price was awesome. 215/55/17's

Pics of them on the car soon to come, but here's what they are:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5115/oz4nz3.jpg

WS50's are serious snow tires ...jesus. I prefer the LM25's. More than enough for anything ohio can deliver (especially with AWD) and they are still V rated and handle better than most all seasons in dry/corners.

I keep hearing it will be a snowy winter....I can't wait to go play @ saltfork.

Yeah, I heard the WS50's are pretty good. Highest rated from what I've seen. Not much choice when buying used though. She looks like a beast that's for sure. Kinda takes away from the nice wheels a bit. Like a bikini model wearing Army boots.....well...maybe not that nice :D

WS50's are serious snow tires ...jesus. I prefer the LM25's. More than enough for anything ohio can deliver (especially with AWD) and they are still V rated and handle better than most all seasons in dry/corners.

I keep hearing it will be a snowy winter....I can't wait to go play @ saltfork.

Yeah, I heard the WS50's are pretty good. Highest rated from what I've seen. Not much choice when buying used though. She looks like a beast that's for sure. Kinda takes away from the nice wheels a bit. Like a bikini model wearing Army boots.....well...maybe not that nice :D

They are about as good as it gets for snow use around here (sans nokian) but they trade off alot of high speed stability and cornering. And they wear out crazy fast. Alot of people complain about the noise of the 50's as well.

Just don't get too crazy around corners in them. They will blow over without a thought. ;)

Hope you enjoy winter.

:bangbang:

They are about as good as it gets for snow use around here (sans nokian) but they trade off alot of high speed stability and cornering. And they wear out crazy fast. Alot of people complain about the noise of the 50's as well.

Just don't get too crazy around corners in them. They will blow over without a thought. ;)

Hope you enjoy winter.

Good insight. :thumbup: I don't do much if any highway driving but when I do, I'll be sure to keep a good feel on how she handles. I do like taking curves but I do know they are not the stock Summer Potenza's.

I was worried about the wear factor too, but used with very little use, I didn't have much choice. I have a home office and with winter coming up, I'll only average about 800mi. mo. if that :o We usually take the Mini-van everywhere. I'll rent cars for business travel in the winter.

Noise isn't bad at all really. But then, I'm still getting used to the Speed3's exhaust note and the fact that it's not as quiet overall as my past rides. I'll likely pull the seats and carpet and dynomat it like i did my Accord. That really helps road noise and exhaust note.

The guys there are great. I started my Discount Tire life there about 2 years ago, but due to lack of work after I switched stores I had to look else where for work. I still go to this day go back for everything I need in tires to the same store. I've been tryin' to get a hold of Shanton Wilson for like a week, but maybe he might call me back soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...