Need a job - Electronics Field

Billiumss

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for a job due to my job being outsourced to China and Mexico. I worked at Lucent Technologies (Alcatel-Lucent) for just over 11 years building and testing Cell Phone systems for customers like Verizon, Sprint, ATT/Cingular.

I have 14 years experience with electrical/electronic components and systems along with a 2 year Associate Degree in Electronic Engineering.

I'm looking for a company east of I-71 since I live on the east side, 1st shift.

I made decent money at Lucent. With my experience, skills and education, I would like a starting pay of at least $20.00/hour.

There are electronic jobs out there but they don't pay all that well anymore like 5 years ago.

I look everyday online (Monster, Careerbuilder, etc) and check the paper. Its a very tough economy right now, hopefully something pans out soon...

If anyone has a company in mind, feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

Not willing to relocate

Thanks,

Bill

ABB was hiring, but it required relocating and they wouldn't tell you until the end of the 12 weeks training.

Not sure if you're up to moving or not, but pay was $50k for entry level...

Friend of mine that I used to work with at a local electronics shop just took a position with them, I've been thinking about applying since my current job is rather... well... hugely boring.

First 2 jobs I've seen them before, pay is a joke (I make more on unemployment) but the 3rd I responded to, but most likely its probably like the first 2.

Thanks for posting, keep them coming...

First 2 jobs I've seen them before, pay is a joke (I make more on unemployment) but the 3rd I responded to, but most likely its probably like the first 2.

Thanks for posting, keep them coming...

Well, I didn't get paid very much as an electronics tech either, so I switched careers.

Since you are unemployed I am sure you have time to look. Columbus doesn't have a huge call for electronics guys unless they are specialized. I would look for something at Harris Equipment, maybe Crane Plastics.

Well, I didn't get paid very much as an electronics tech either, so I switched careers.

Since you are unemployed I am sure you have time to look. Columbus doesn't have a huge call for electronics guys unless they are specialized. I would look for something at Harris Equipment, maybe Crane Plastics.

Where did you work before as a tech? What did you get into now?

There use to be a bigger market for guys like me but the economy made them disappear.

I'll check them out, I do have experience in the Plastic industry as well.