8.8 crosspin

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

anyone have this tool?

http://www.etoolcart.com/differentialpinionshaftlockboltextractorkit.aspx

i dont really want to buy it, but im getting pissed off at my rear end....i bought a set of punches and i beat the crosspin to death for an hour and its not budging...ive got my new spider gears sitting here waiting to go in and i cant get this fucker out...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I've had the damn bolt snap off on me before too. Good luck getting it out, I actually cut the carrier on each side of the cross-pin to get it out. I'm not sure if I would put it back together that way in your car, but my truck has been that way for over 3 years.

Guest tbutera2112
i was going to do a locker with 31 spline axles, but ide rather get the motor in and then just save up for a 9"....this is a cheap temporary fix, replacing the stock stuff ($170 for parts and $60 for gear oil)

Doh.. :(

Well, personally I would probably cut the C-clips out so I could remove the axles and take the diff out with the pin still in, and then you could always tap and remove the old pin-locker.. I would imagine that might make it a bit easier to deal with?

I don't know how expensive those C-clips might be, but sure as hell beats cutting axles or drilling the pin itself.

Guest Removed

Well, personally I would probably cut the C-clips out so I could remove the axles and take the diff out with the pin still in, and then you could always tap and remove the old pin-locker.. I would imagine that might make it a bit easier to deal with?

I don't know how expensive those C-clips might be, but sure as hell beats cutting axles.

no, you cut the end of the cross pin out! then remove it. ive done it to many times to count now. cutting the c-clips would fuck the axles up :rolleyes:

I don't know how expensive those C-clips might be, but sure as hell beats cutting axles.

I never thought of trying that, I don't know about the ford rear but it might actually work on a GM. If you are replacing the spider gears you shouldn't have to worry about screwing much up. I don't know if it would work or not, but it's deffinatly an idea worth looking into.