General Brake question.....

Aaron

If you have a slightly warped rotor and stock brake pads, and you replace the rotor OR "turn" the rotor and keep the SAME stock brake pads, will the pads that were with the original warped rotor cause the new rotor to warp faster or at all?

The front pads do not need changed, but the rotors are slightly warped and would like to save money if I could, but don't want to cut corners. I have to buy tires and do the 40k DSG service in about 1k miles, so I am trying to pinch pennies.

Thanks guys.

Does NTB have rotor turning capability? lol

Might take it do Derek and get them turned then.....

NTB, some NAPAs, Carquest, Monro, Mr. Tire, CSCC, Grismer, Dealers, the bum on the corner of 11th and High, etc...

NTB can turn Rotors.

It is against company policy to turn Drilled or Slotted Rotors though.

:(

KillJoy

;)

Go to Columbus State when they are taking their brake exams. You can probably get one of the good ones to turn them for you. I know I took my test using drilled rotors.

Go to Columbus State when they are taking their brake exams. You can probably get one of the good ones to turn them for you. I know I took my test using drilled rotors.

So did they actually turn out ok? Ive been told that if you turn drilled/ slotted rotors that they will tend to chip off pieces of material around the holes, not to mention that its probably hell on the bits.

So did they actually turn out ok? Ive been told that if you turn drilled/ slotted rotors that they will tend to chip off pieces of material around the holes, not to mention that its probably hell on the bits.

My Baer 14" Slotted Rotors turned w/o issue. It just tooking FOREVER due to their size :D

KillJoy

if you use good cutting bits it will be fine, ive turned drilled and slotted AMG rotors without fault before