Saturday, Oct 25th Kil-Kare Street Life Tour

Doc1647545523

For those of us rained-out from the Track Day at Dragway 42, Kil-Kare is still planning on running this event rain or shine. Drifting, car show, drag racing (if track dries), and more: http://www.kilkare.com/

I'm headed out there provided I've got my new wheels and tires. :)

Sam, Bike ARE allowed to run.. I see them out every event. Again, as long as the weather holds out they will be doing the drag racing.. drifting is on rain or shine :).

$15 dollars to run Test & Tune

OH, and I understand there will be Formula D pro drivers out, so this is the event to watch.

Sam, was that you I saw trailering back to Columbus around 3 on I-71? I regret not getting to see you make some passes. :(

It was a good time, and the wind died down after sunset, making the cold temps tolerable for the finals. The pro drifters really put on a show, although some locals gave them a run for their money in the tandems. A number of CR members did some impressive driving throughout the day.

Although the ambient temps prevented the drag strip from being as friendly as it had been for our track day there in August, the Benz ran its best time ever, 11.81 @ 118.36 with a 60' of 1.90. This was on the new wheels and tires procured with special efforts by IPS. :thumbup:

Sam, was that you I saw trailering back to Columbus around 3 on I-71? I regret not getting to see you make some passes. :(

It was a good time, and the wind died down after sunset, making the cold temps tolerable for the finals. The pro drifters really put on a show, although some locals gave them a run for their money in the tandems. A number of CR members did some impressive driving throughout the day.

Although the ambient temps prevented the drag strip from being as friendly as it had been for our track day there in August, the Benz ran its best time ever, 11.81 @ 118.36 with a 60' of 1.90. This was on the new wheels and tires procured with special efforts by IPS. :thumbup:

congrats seems like you guys had a blast.

All I have to say is that I really hate stupid kids driving around in the staging lanes like they are making their pass down the track. I also thought that most people who are in to racing at all would know what an 03 Cobra is by now. I don't know how many of these stupid little fucks would walk up to my car when the hood was up and say "That is why it ran like it did." No shit, they come from the factory with the blower. Welcome to 6 fucking years ago. I guess the Ford and SVT logos on the blower didn't explain that enough to them. I feel a little bit better now.

All I have to say is that I really hate stupid kids driving around in the staging lanes like they are making their pass down the track. I also thought that most people who are in to racing at all would know what an 03 Cobra is by now. I don't know how many of these stupid little fucks would walk up to my car when the hood was up and say "That is why it ran like it did." No shit, they come from the factory with the blower. Welcome to 6 fucking years ago. I guess the Ford and SVT logos on the blower didn't explain that enough to them. I feel a little bit better now.

You car came with a blower from factory. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

The Mercedes is such an impresive car, congrats Doc. Getting the routine down now? It sure looks like it.

times?

times?

Best of 12.21. Traction was not to be had on radials and no track prep. We got there around 11:35 and they didn't bother to prep the track. The 12.21 pass was made when I followed a couple of slick cars down. Wheel hop is a whole lot of fun. Especially when you know that it wouldn't have been as bad if they would have made an effort to prep the track. I guess I could have just borrowed some tires and not had that problem, but I wanted to try and get the 11.9x pass on radials. I guess we'll see what happens on Thursday.