Brother's keeper????

OSUGT

Yeah, go to your grandmas house (or any old lady who's busted their ass their whole life) and offer them cash and gifts, see what they say.

I almost got slapped for trying not to accept $20 that my grandma wanted to give me for mowing her lawn.

Weakest rebuttal I've seen you post....honestly, weak.

Weakest rebuttal I've seen you post....honestly, weak.

No, it's not. It's bloody fact. Perhaps your elders have no pride, but most would be angered and humiliated by a grandkid or nephew offering them any kind of financial help whent hey don't need it. This feeling is ESPECIALLY stong among immigrants. You should see me try to pay for dinner when out with the in-laws (Taiwanese).

"Oh his brother lives in a shack..." EVERYONE LIVES IN A SHACK over there.

Do you have rich relatives? Are mad because they don't shower you with gifts? My aunt was married to a man who sat on the Dial Corp board of directors through their most prosperous years, should we have asked him to fix our heater for us? They're divorced now and each are still bloody rich.

Talk about Brothers what does MCCains do
Calls 911 for traffic hahahah CLASSIC

Thanks for another off topic post. I don't judge Obama by what his relatives do. I judge him for saying that I'm his "aunt's keeper" when he doesnt lift a finger for her.

Not too quick on the uptake, are you? It took you that long to figure out I backed McCain? Wow...

Is that true, Eric? According to him, I'm "My brother's keeper" He wants to use my money to help people like that out when he wont bother to use his.

My grandmother lived on Sullivant and Skidmore for 30 years. She was right across from Dodge park downtown. She was robbed and beaten. I didnt care what she thought of me. We got her out of there! Who cares if she didnt like it at first. It's called love. She went on to live many more years in a safe and secure environment. She later thanked us all from the bottom of her heart.

Screw Obama and his give aways. Charity begins at home.

Is that true, Eric? According to him, I'm "My brother's keeper" He wants to use my money to help people like that out when he wont bother to use his.

The still have to ask (file) for it.

My grandmother lived on Sullivant and Skidmore for 30 years. She was right across from Dodge park downtown. She was robbed and beaten. I didnt care what she thought of me. We got her out of there! Who cares if she didnt like it at first. It's called love. She went on to live many more years in a safe and secure environment. She later thanked us all from the bottom of her heart.

A noble and admiral deed, but how does that apply to government?

Are you advocating forcibly applying what you think is best on people that wont listen?

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_03/stalinDM2109_468x551.jpg

Yes, it's a hell of a spin. ;)

The still have to ask (file) for it.

A noble and admiral deed, but how does that apply to government?

Are you advocating forcibly applying what you think is best on people that wont listen?

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_03/stalinDM2109_468x551.jpg

Yes, it's a hell of a spin. ;)

I was responding to your post on grandparents. Obama should help out his family. Thats all I'm saying. If they dont want help, be a little more persuasive. Compromise! "Hey, come live in a slum near Chicago! At least you will be closer!"

So we know this guy's half bother lives in a hut somewhere in Kenya. Now this.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article5042571.ece

Again, he's generous with OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY. NOT HIS!

What about a hut in Kenya? I have relatives that live in a hut in Kenya, they love it. In fact when things were really bad in Kenya with all the violence, we were going to send a bunch of money for them to leave, they refused and fought for their land. Are you saying it's bad? I'm not following unless this is a racist comment.

What about a hut in Kenya? I have relatives that live in a hut in Kenya, they love it. In fact when things were really bad in Kenya with all the violence, we were going to send a bunch of money for them to leave, they refused and fought for their land. Are you saying it's bad? I'm not following unless this is a racist comment.

irrational much?

Edit...and what if you are right? Let them stay there. Just stop using my money to help the same types of stubborn people that enjoy their sub standard of living.

you are so far gone, man. I dont give a shit where you live or how you do it. I only care when it effects me. Obama says I'm responsible for some asshole who wont try to better himself. He says I'm responsible for making his life better. Fuck that.

As far as imposing standards, you are too blind to see that Obama is imposing shit from all sides on folks who want nothing to do with his grand schemes.

Obama says I'm responsible for some asshole who wont try to better himself....

Betraying your ignorance of:

-Human services agencies and their policies

-What it is to be poor as shit.

-Welfare reform in the past 20 years

-Policies set fourth by both campaigns.

Rest assured, your federal money wont be going to anyone who doesn't want to better themselves.... with the exception of inmates in federal prisons.

News flash, the Government has been spending tax dollars wastefully for decades, if he gets some of that wasted money to some poor people. Big deal. At least it's going to Americans.....

Again, you are so far gone that "waste" is ok with you.

Betraying your ignorance of:

-Human services agencies and their policies

-What it is to be poor as shit.

-Welfare reform in the past 20 years

-Policies set fourth by both campaigns.

Rest assured, your federal money wont be going to anyone who doesn't want to better themselves.... with the exception of inmates in federal prisons.

That's a good one, Eric. I'd venture to say there is a higher probability of inmates who want to better themselves than welfare recipients.

I think I get the point you are making.

The point I'm making is that it is easy to cast an entire group of people as one person, because there are no faces in said group that you recognize.

My mother spend 15 years working at the Allen County Department of Human Services, AKA the wlefare department.

The destitute come in 2 flavors, trying and not trying. The "trying" follow prcedures and get what they need, and pass through the system very quickly. The Not Trying excersize very loophole and outright lie to get whatever they can.

I've met and interacted with two of the Not Trying group, both of them milking disability. They are also both hardcore conservative republicans. Why? Because it doesn't matter what kind of limits are put on the system, they just find ways around it. The only people who will suffer by making welfare more difficult are those who actually need it and use the system honestly.

There's a great quote inthe Monkeyspher article, I use it in my sig on another board:

Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.

Read about The Monkey Sphere, it's good stuff. It also has nothing to do with politics or any of this crap, it's just talking about the mind.

^I'm all for helping those who need it and want to help themselves.

2 words hit me when I read your sig quote. If the problem is social issues, personal responsibilty or lack thereof would be a good place to start.