best oil to run in R6??

88lx5oh

please give me your opinions

can you run royal purple in these??

or is a repsol, motorex, or the like the best way to go??

ive been checking out the motorex top speed 4t full synthetic, anybody using this??

what oil filter is best as well?

and brake fluid??

Coolant??

since winter is upon us, im changing all the fluids out to prepare for next season.

ordered an air filter, and new brake pads not to long ago for it as well that will be going on.

make sure you use a motorcycle specific oil in it.

in the 10 year of sport bike riding I never had one issue with Honda HP4 that I always used. This included using it over multiple track days in the summer. So I'd recommend HP4 and either a factory filter or the one Kenny suggests.

make sure you use a motorcycle specific oil in it.

in the 10 year of sport bike riding I never had one issue with Honda HP4 that I always used. This included using it over multiple track days in the summer. So I'd recommend HP4 and either a factory filter or the one Kenny suggests.

You don't need a motorcycle specific oil. Extended life Mobil 1 has the same additives for the clutch. I use it since it's easier to find, and typically cheaper. LOTS of hardcore racers use Mobil 1.

The filter I listed is bigger than a factory filter and can be found at any parts store. Probably $10 cheaper, if not more than a factory Yamaha one.

You don't need a motorcycle specific oil. Extended life Mobil 1 has the same additives for the clutch. I use it since it's easier to find, and typically cheaper. LOTS of hardcore racers use Mobil 1.

The filter I listed is bigger than a factory filter and can be found at any parts store. Probably $10 cheaper, if not more than a factory Yamaha one.

while the use with the wet clutch is important another big difference is the shear resistance for use in the transmission. With the recent changes of reduced additives such as ZDDP in automotive oils it may make a difference. Motorcycle and "racing" oils do not fall under the govt restrictions to reduce those additives. Also don't forget that Mobil 1 makes motorcycle specific oils.

Either way it likely doesn't matter, nor will it make any noticable difference that could be seen in the timeline that the average owner would keep/use a sport bike.

Guest tbutera2112
i always ran yamalube 4r in my dirtbike...yea its diff than a street bike, but i ran the shit out of it and it ran like a champ....im talking red lined pinned off the rev limiter flyin and no issues ever