100' indoor shotgun ranges?

evan9381

anyone know of a range around columbus, or a surrounding area that i can take a shotgun to and shoot at 100'? hit up the turkey shoot today and even after bore sighting, had to hold WAY low and WAY left to even hit the card. need to figure out why and get it sighted in.

i've checked NASR, BWSC, OVO, and the powder room.

any others im missing?

it serves its purpose. the only thing its used for is turkey shoots.

shooting a 4x6 card and trying to hit the center of an "X" at 100', gets pretty hard with a run of the mill shotgun with a 28" barrel and an off the shelf choke. shot spreads a lot at that distance, and you need to have it spot on

pic of the gun for an idea of what everyone there shoots.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02978.jpg?t=1225581406

its more than a full choke. IIRC, its choked down to like .644 or so. maybe a bit more.

shot still spreads a lot. after the TX/tex tech game ill get a pic of the best card i shot (which happened to be during practice before we started). the shot theyre using is some crappy remington that has very little powder. we used to shoot winchester AA's and i could put about 50% more shot in the card than i did today.