CR hockey?

verse

I play Ice currently. Unfortunatly because i switched jobs and shifts I cant make it to most roller games but I'd love to play it again if they have a weekend league. Fucking hammer doesnt know what he's doing.

Im down for some pickup hockey just let me know where and when.

Anyone play hockey? Roller or Ice? I'd be interested in pick up games or possibily a league to join.

Oh and if your looking to join a team or Drop-In's this is the only place to go. http://www.columbusrollerhockey.com/index2.htm Its honestly not the best but its not the worst either. And its the only organized inline hockey I know of in columbus.

Drop-In's are friday nights from 7-9, I use to always go to these and have a blast. Skill level varies but the only way to get better is to play someone better.

Seems like once a month now we have a "CR Hockey" thread, LOL. We need to actually get together and play, not post about playing. :nod:

I play 2-3 times a week, ice only. Roller blows. You can't stop and the game is too slow. :p For sure I am at the 6:00 A.M. Drop In on Friday's at the Ice House downtown, every week... :)

Seems like once a month now we have a "CR Hockey" thread, LOL. We need to actually get together and play, not post about playing. :nod:

I play 2-3 times a week, ice only. Roller blows. You can't stop and the game is too slow. :p For sure I am at the 6:00 A.M. Drop In on Friday's at the Ice House downtown, every week... :)

You mean YOU cant stop while playing roller hockey ;) It is very possible to stop and hockey stop for that matter, just takes practice. I found the transition very hard going from roller to ice especially the whole "stopping thing".

But I will agree, roller is slower but you can be alot more creative with the puck and what you can do than in ice. Ice is faster and just cooler all around.

I probably haven't played in a league since I was 12. I really want to get back into it. I'm thinking of buying some gear soon. I was going to check out Play it again sports and dicks.

If you go anywhere dont go to Dick's. they may have a little bit of every sport but if your buying hockey equipment the only 2 places I would go is play it again and Hockey Stop. I got my Bauer gloves practically brand new from Play it again for 20$. Most things you can pick out at Hockey Stop then buy online for cheaper but I would rather support a local business with a few bucks. The only big savings your going to see is if you buy skates (inline or ice) online.

Im always down for a CR Scrimmage whether it be on ice or roller.

Well, I went to drop-in this morning and HotCarl, not knowing what the fuck he got himself into playing against A and B players :(, tried to keep up. But hey at least he only fell once? Did anyone else make it? :confused:

I edited that post to more accuratly describe the debacle that went on this morning. ;)

Just kidding, it was fun. I prefer to play guys above my skill level it always helped my game before when I went back down to 'my' league. I think im going to try and make some more even though they're really early. If anyone wants to join me your more than welcome. Scotty????

Yeah, i was gonna say if your ever looking for a D league team we'd be happy to have you join us :D

You probably wouldnt be allowed to score or anything but we could work around that ;)

I don't even think they'd let me play in C League... :o