lawyer needed. ( reckless opps)

Ryan218

Doesn't matter. Tickets like reckless op can be written for a burnout in your driveway.

Not entirely black and white. The ORC for what he did, or burnouts, etc..doesn't apply for such acts such as competitive operation of vehicles on private property when the owner of such property knowingly grants permission. However you can't proceed to cross sideways as they are within the public right of way. Also, in her case, she did have to approach and sign permission to ticket for violations on our lot. It's a Westerville thing....

My wife has gotten folks off for racing on private roads they own. Don't ask me how I know, but let's just say, the police in that area no longer attempt to do anything to the folks she's represented quite successfully. :cool: They are just pissed because the neighbors won't file any type of complaints either....in fact they participate ;)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I bet he was cited downtown to juvy court. I know a couple of the Hilliard 1st shifters too, especially one that likes hanging around the school zones during the day.

Just see if they will drop it down to a straight speed with some higher fines. Thats the only way youll keep your license probably ya.

Yea, your probably right, it might in columbus juv court better for him than mayors court, easier to get continuence and they are easier to deal with. I would throw yourself at the mercy of the court and plead for anything other than the RO. I don't know how your driving record is but there is a good chance that you may lose your license for a while, it doesn't take much when your underage. I agree with Dragknee66 go for anything that will save your license and hopefully wont kill you in the fine area.

Hal awsome vid in your sig

Not entirely black and white. The ORC for what he did, or burnouts, etc..doesn't apply for such acts such as competitive operation of vehicles on private property when the owner of such property knowingly grants permission. However you can't proceed to cross sideways as they are within the public right of way. Also, in her case, she did have to approach and sign permission to ticket for violations on our lot. It's a Westerville thing....

My wife has gotten folks off for racing on private roads they own. Don't ask me how I know, but let's just say, the police in that area no longer attempt to do anything to the folks she's represented quite successfully. :cool: They are just pissed because the neighbors won't file any type of complaints either....in fact they participate ;)

Not black and white no, but, depending on the situation, a burnout is reckless op which is a criminal charge.

Private roads, and criminal charges don't mix. Private property does not protect you from criminal charges (ie. reckless op, DUI, etc...).

ok lets look at the facts here: 16 year old kid and a mustang GT

and the cop is totally making everything up?

ill believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

The cop will be right, and the judge will believe him 100% over you. Accept that fact, but never the less I'd still try to fight. In the end you'll end up paying a nice chunk probably, but best of luck.

Guest tbutera2112
what?

pre paid legal....you pay a certain low amount per month, every month...even if youre not in trouble, but then when you get in trouble you already have a lawyer and it wont cost anything more on top of your monthly payments

i believe thats how it works

DUI is completely different. However, if you have a private road and race your car on it, you can certainly get a ticket as a cop can do just about anything, but it won't hold up. Ohio Revised Code excludes R.O. on private property where the owner grants permission and is aware of it. Yoiu can burn out to your hearts content on your own property so long as the nieghbors don't bitch and other violations aren't insued.

Again, I know as my wife has fought more than a handful of these charges successfully. It's not even a fight. A buddy of mine has a small track on his land for cart-racing and we got busted having fun there one night with our cars. Cop said he saw us from the main road.

We didn't give a shit, the cops wrote all kinds of paperwork and bitched however it didn't matter and we knew it. We didn't argue with him and simply let him vent. Tossed out 30 days later. He was a big fat cop and was schooled in court by the prosecuter. Genoa township FTL :cool:

Private roads, and criminal charges don't mix. Private property does not protect you from criminal charges (ie. reckless op, DUI, etc...).

DUI is completely different. However, if you have a private road and race your car on it, you can certainly get a ticket as a cop can do just about anything, but it won't hold up. Ohio Revised Code excludes R.O. on private property where the owner grants permission and is aware of it. Yoiu can burn out to your hearts content on your own property so long as the nieghbors don't bitch and other violations aren't insued.

Again, I know as my wife has fought more than a handful of these charges successfully. It's not even a fight. A buddy of mine has a small track on his land for cart-racing and we got busted having fun there one night with our cars. Cop said he saw us from the main road.

We didn't give a shit, the cops wrote all kinds of paperwork and bitched however it didn't matter and we knew it. We didn't argue with him and simply let him vent. Tossed out 30 days later. He was a big fat cop and was schooled in court by the prosecuter. Genoa township FTL :cool:

An owner can't give you permission to commit a criminal act and the ORC doesn't deal with reckless op unless recently amended. Reckless op is determined by municipal code on private property. Nice try though, your wife isn't giving you all the info.

Edit: For your reading excitement, look at section 4510.15 for ORC reckless op.

i seriously just feel singled out by this officer.

Thats Hilliard for ya. Some Hilliard cops are complete fucking retards. When I was 17 I got pulled over because I was "almost" speeding through a school zone. A month later, another one pulled me over because my "fog lights were too bright," but lucky for me the officer "had more important things to worry about" so he jumped back in his car and sped off without writing me a ticket :rolleyes:

An owner can't give you permission to commit a criminal act and the ORC doesn't deal with reckless op unless recently amended. Reckless op is determined by municipal code on private property. Nice try though, your wife isn't giving you all the info.

Edit: For your reading excitement, look at section 4510.15 for ORC reckless op.

She's very familiar with the law. How many cases of such charges have you defended? She's won on all six cases she's been involved with. Now we can site ORC all night long but the bottom line is she's been there done that.

Municiple Code 2133.02 Reckless operation on streets, public or private property.

(a) No person shall operate a vehicle on any street, highway, or on any public or private property other than streets or highways without due regard for the safety of persons or property.

(b) No person shall operate a vehicle on any street, highway, or on any public or private property other than streets or highways, in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

© Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates division (a) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one (1) year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one (1) predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates division (a) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree. Except as provided in this division, whoever violates division (b) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree. If, within one (1) year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one (1) predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates division (b) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree.

(d) This section does not apply to the competitive operation of vehicles on public or private property, other than streets or highways, when the owner of such property knowingly permits such operation thereon. (ORC 4511.20) (Ord. 575-83: Ord. 2120-03 § 1 (part).)

She's very familiar with the law. How many cases of such charges have you defended? She's won on all six cases she's been involved with. Now we can site ORC all night long but the bottom line is she's been there done that.

Municiple Code 2133.02 Reckless operation on streets, public or private property.

As noted within, this section does not apply to the competitive operation of vehicles or public or private property, other than streets or highways, when the owner of such property knowingly permits such operation thereon.

Fine, let's go with second hand knowledge. My dad has been an attorney longer than I have been alive. I spoke with him last night to make sure I was correct in the information I have given. He also happened to teach law for 12 years but, I'm sure your wife is the expert.

You want to go into competitive operation? That is not handled under reckless op, that's street racing. Street racing is also under municipal code when on private property.

So, how many cases have you won? How many years has your wife been an attorney? How many years has she taught law? Bottom line, he's been there and done that, more times.

Shut the fuck up.

(a) No person shall operate a vehicle on any street, highway, or on any public or private property other than streets or highways without due regard for the safety of persons or property.

(b) No person shall operate a vehicle on any street, highway, or on any public or private property other than streets or highways, in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

© Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates division (a) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one (1) year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one (1) predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates division (a) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree. Except as provided in this division, whoever violates division (b) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree. If, within one (1) year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one (1) predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates division (b) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree.

(d) This section does not apply to the competitive operation of vehicles on public or private property, other than streets or highways, when the owner of such property knowingly permits such operation thereon. (ORC 4511.20) (Ord. 575-83: Ord. 2120-03 § 1 (part).)

Exactly, that section doesn't apply to competitive operation. Would you like to cite the section that does?

Here, I'll start:

4511.20 Operation in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

(A) No person shall operate a vehicle, trackless trolley, or streetcar on any street or highway in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

(B) Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.

Effective Date: 01-01-2004

Fine, let's go with second hand knowledge. My dad has been an attorney longer than I have been alive. I spoke with him last night to make sure I was correct in the information I have given. He also happened to teach law for 12 years but, I'm sure your wife is the expert.

You want to go into competitive operation? That is not handled under reckless op, that's street racing. Street racing is also under municipal code when on private property.

So, how many cases have you won? How many years has your wife been an attorney? How many years has she taught law? Bottom line, he's been there and done that, more times.

Shut the fuck up.

She's been an attorney for over 15yrs and has worked for the Franklin County and Delaware County Prosecutors Office too. I don't need to win the cases she does that. Now if you want to bring your daddy into the debate feel free, but perhaps she can win such defense cases and he can't?

She's published too and involved with the faculty at her law school here too. She enjoys that involvement but would rather practice law and live in the real world vs just teach and be out of touch with the real world, where actually winning cases involves more than just being right. That's why her and Sam Shamansky have worked together quite a bit and can do what they do so well....they know how to win.

Here....I included the bold section you omitted from the ORC.

4511.201 Operation off street or highway in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

(A) No person shall operate a vehicle, trackless trolley, or streetcar on any public or private property other than streets or highways, in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

This section does not apply to the competitive operation of vehicles on public or private property when the owner of such property knowingly permits such operation thereon.

(B) Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.

but you're right no person shall participate in street racing upon any public road, street, or highway in this state....but then he wasn't charged with street racing.

Burnout-

4511.202 Operation without being in reasonable control of vehicle, trolley, or streetcar.

(A) No person shall operate a motor vehicle, trackless trolley, streetcar, agricultural tractor, or agricultural tractor that is towing, pulling, or otherwise drawing a unit of farm machinery on any street, highway, or property open to the public for vehicular traffic without being in reasonable control of the vehicle, trolley, streetcar, agricultural tractor, or unit of farm machinery.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of operating a motor vehicle or agricultural tractor without being in control of it, a minor misdemeanor.

She's been an attorney for over 15yrs and has worked for the Franklin County and Delaware County Prosecutors Office too. I don't need to win the cases she does that. Now if you want to bring your daddy into the debate feel free, but perhaps she can win such defense cases and he can't? That's why her and Sam Shamansky have worked together quite a bit and can do what they do so well....they know how to battle the system.

OMG you can name drop???? Awesome job there. You insult me for bringing "daddy" into this yet you willfully brought "Wifey-McWearsThePants" into it?

Perhaps he has spent his entire career in defense and contract law. Glad your wife worked as a prosecutor, he was busy defending against people like her. You're right, he must have lost a lot of cases for my family to have the kind of money it does.

I'm glad she's practiced for 15 years too. My dad stopped teaching about 6 years ago, maybe she had him for a teacher! Do you want to shut your bitch mouth yet?

PS. If you don't need to win cases, why do I? Does it upset you that Wifey McWearsThePants might not be as smart as you thought? Does it upset you when people use your own arguments against you?