Chad's Turbo Kit, 96 Explorer Long Block, Tune, 666 RWTQ!!!

DTM Brian

Here is a comparison of this car and my incon car.

I can not believe how much faster the single turbo car spools up.

3.73 gears in the car compared to 3.27 gears in my car.

Keep in mind I have a set of aluminum heads and an intake that loves boost!!

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/On%203%20Performance%20Vs%20Incon.jpg

What kind of trannys are you guys running in these cars? I am interested in a kit, what kinds of bottom ends rear ends? etc..

Thanks

Stock bottom ends are good for about 500 rwhp. I am about 100 hp more then I should be. A tremec tranny is a must for reliablity at this power level. You will shatter a T-5 the first time you try to power shift at this power level. I have upgraded axles and carrier in my rear end.

Stock bottom ends are good for about 500 rwhp. I am about 100 hp more then I should be. A tremec tranny is a must for reliablity at this power level. You will shatter a T-5 the first time you try to power shift at this power level. I have upgraded axles and carrier in my rear end.

Yea I Figured thanks, I have a new tranny lined up and most likley will be going 31 splined stuff soon ill be interested in kit once the car is safely ready ha

bummer I wasnt around town to see the car in action on the dyno but they will have it at the track tomorrow so we should get to see some times as well. They are throwing on some slicks and going to see what happens at the track with it now.

Thanks Brian for posting this up for me.

split block i see in near future lol.

My turbo fairmont has the same engine 1996 explorer GT40P motor with our homemade kit with a bigger turbo MP GT45 turbo and with around 15# of boost its been 10.80 126 mph the fastest and consistent 11.0's and teens in 3300+# car with alot of passes on it in the last 2 years and it just spun the bearings never split the block.The motor was never freshened up when put in the car and had close to 100K miles on it.