need help keeping room w/ sliding glass door warm

evan9381

in my living room, we have a sliding glass door to our balcony. because of this, in the winter, it either makes the room much colder than the rest of the apartment, or drives up our electricity bill to keep the heat going

any ideas? i dont know if theres something i can put on the glass (would like to not block out the ability to see outside completely), around the frame, etc??

in my living room, we have a sliding glass door to our balcony. because of this, in the winter, it either makes the room much colder than the rest of the apartment, or drives up our electricity bill to keep the heat going

any ideas? i dont know if theres something i can put on the glass (would like to not block out the ability to see outside completely), around the frame, etc??

You can buy glass insulation at Lowe's or Home Depot. It's basically just an insulating clear film you put over windows. There's always foam inserts you can put around the frame.

3M Window kit will do the trick. That is if you don't need to go in and out of it. Used them on very old windows in an apartment back in college. So much wind came in it actually popped the tape on a couple windows during the winters there. Hated that place, but the kits did work. IIRC slider kits are like $20?

That's the one thing I absolutely love about owning a newer home with great windows. No drafts and no damn window kits.

x2 they make insulation strips for the cracks areas, an then a clear film works wonders in our basement we used to never get it over 50 degress now its teh warmest room in the house

go downt he lowes since its down the street from you theclear film is like 8 bucks an the weather stripping if 6 defentally worth it