rear end troubles.

Ryan218

on a 89 mustang..lower controlling arm bolt snapped on one end. got it out. other the nut is off. bolt wont budge, just spins. tried heat. nothing, pounding on it. nothing. im getting frustrated and im out of ideas. and tips or trick to get this out? its the only thing holding the rear in.

Guest Removed
heat the end of the bolt...cool it fast with water.you may have to do it a few times to get the rust to let loose. the bolt is rusted to the steal sleeve inside the bushing and now the sleeve is not fixed to the bushing anymore

Guest Removed
soke it in PB blaster for a few hours. the metal spacer in the bushing has rusted to the bolt, beating it with a hammer is about the only way your going to get it since heat won't be able to reach all the way through.

heat the head of the bolt up(it expands) cool it with water(and helps to keep the bushing from melting) and do it a few times hitin it with the BFH between heat up's always seems to work for me..i had to do that with arron's f body rearend and many stangs

i get the head of the bolt redish in color , then splash it with water. smack it with the hammer then heat it again..sometime it helps heating the thread side some to.

my torch wont get it hot enough. :( im out of ideas now.

i get the head of the bolt redish in color , then splash it with water. smack it with the hammer then heat it again..sometime it helps heating the thread side some to.

most people don't have the tools we do so the heat and cool doesn't work.