Blackberry Storm

Putty

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/en/att_nation_chart.gif

450 min package. The wife and I are on a Family plan though.

So... 450 min= $70. Does that include the required data plan? I'm assuming yes. Add Unlimited text messaging for $20 a month and you have a total of $90. Add tax and all of the typical BS subscriber/line/whatever charges and you have over $100 a month. My post still stands. I have all that through VZW plus unlimted navigator, unlimited Vcast video and I spend $76 a month total.

So... 450 min= $70. Does that include the required data plan? I'm assuming yes. Add Unlimited text messaging for $20 a month and you have a total of $90. Add tax and all of the typical BS subscriber/line/whatever charges and you have over $100 a month. My post still stands. I have all that through VZW plus unlimted navigator, unlimited Vcast video and I spend $76 a month total.

I agree, but you asked how is he paying 76 a month did you not. I answered your question. He clearly does not spend $20 a month for gay texting. I don't either. I get 200 a month and don't use those....

Those plans are for all Smart phones, Apple, Rimm, LG and whomever. That is with internet, e-mail whatever. It's the data plan for ALL "SMART" phones.

My post still stands. I have all that through VZW plus unlimted navigator, unlimited Vcast video and I spend $76 a month total.

For the same you speak of I get with Sprint...TWO phones simply everything for $105.**.....AFTER TAX!

I agree, but you asked how is he paying 76 a month did you not. I answered your question. He clearly does not spend $20 a month for gay texting. I don't either. I get 200 a month and don't use those....

You don't, but most do, so what you pay isn't the norm for most people.

Got my hands on one today. This phone is the BEST device hands down.. I've played with the Iphone had for 4 months although cool the phone is huge compared to most phones out, and a lot slower then what we carry..

I'm really not interested in the Google phone seems like the rest of world isn't either..

But the Blackberry Storm is the shit!!!

B you go to that training they had for the BB Storm today? There is another one tomorrow too..

November 21st is the official release date..

Got my hands on one today. This phone is the BEST device hands down.. I've played with the Iphone had for 4 months although cool the phone is huge compared to most phones out, and a lot slower then what we carry..

I'm really not interested in the Google phone seems like the rest of world isn't either..

But the Blackberry Storm is the shit!!!

B you go to that training they had for the BB Storm today? There is another one tomorrow too..

November 21st is the official release date..

Getting one for my employee line as soon as they are released to us. That thing is the shit hands down! The push to confirm takes away the hate I have for most touch only phones. 21st, with plenty of stock ftw! Can I borrow your commission check for this/next month lol!

You running anything new lately? That touch flow thing is nifty but kinda quirky.

im back to using HTC home, the manilla 2d was on the fritz, and killing my battery.

but i kept the google maps, and opera 9.5 from it.

i did update my rom and now have windows mobile 6.1 professional, and it plain out rocks. threaded Text now (fucking sweet) the phone performs task faster, better battery management, internet speeds are better, the new IE is a ton better, lots of improvements!

if you want more info pm me and ill send you in the right direction

Just got back from a Blackberry Storm Training meeting and got to get my hands on one so I figured I would share some of my initial feedback.

*The touch screen really is nothing like I have ever used before. It is glass and not plastic, and it really makes typing on it very easy because it really does feel like you are pushing in on a button.

*The device GPS is UNLOCKED! You still have the option of VZ Nav, but if a customer wants to use google maps or some other gps application they can.

*When you take a picture it stamps it with the exact location of where you took the picture at. Not a huge deal but it is cool that you will know if you take a picture of something unique you will always know where you took it at.

* Currently you can use the phone for voice calls in 205 countries and the data features in 150 countries. (These numbers will most likely get bigger)

*When traveling overseas if you want to call someone in your contact list back in the US, you don't need to know the country code the phone will put it in for you automatically

*The phone does have Visual Voicemail, and will be able to do the Vcast Music with Rhapsody (it won't be on there at launch but very soon after launch)

*You can download applications OTA to the phone, similar to how you do it with the Iphone. It will also let you know if you have an upgrade version available to any application you already have on the phone.

*It comes with an 8gb Micro SD pre installed and the Sim Card is pre installed as well. You can have up to a 16GB card in the storm. You do NOT have to take the battery out to put in or take out your SD card which is a nice change from the Curve.

*The picture quality on the phone is awesome! The resolution is better than that of the Iphone and the speaker quality is awesome. We got to see a movie being played on the storm and the picture was crystal clear.

Overall it is a very advanced device and really will be the first phone to really compete with the Iphone. The verizon people that were there really seem to think we will be able to have the device in our stores the day of the launch as well so lets hope that holds true so we can sell alot of these and make alot of money. Hope some of this is information you didn't already know, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Gonna be hard to compete with the iPhone, that is a tall order to ask.

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/11/10/apple-iphone-1-amongst-u-s-consumers-in-q3-2008/

The NPD Group issued a press release today revealing that the Apple iPhone is now ranked #1 in consumer phone sales for the 3rd quarter of 2008. The iPhone surpassed Motorola's RAZR phone which had been ranked #1 for the previous 12 quarters.

"The displacement of the RAZR by the iPhone 3G represents a watershed shift in handset design from fashion to fashionable functionality," said Ross Rubin, director of industry analysis for NPD. "Four of the five best-selling handsets in the third quarter were optimized for messaging and other advanced Internet features."

NPD bases their data on online surveys each month that are projected to represent the entire population of U.S. consumers age 18 and over.

The iPhone and RAZR were followed by the RIM Blackberry Curve, LG Rumor and LG enV2 in the top 5 ranking.

Its about time we are finally allowed to talk about this thing. I was getting tired of hearing about the iphone and having to keep my mouth shut. Bigger more reliable network, and finally a better phone... game over

when does this beast come out and ill wash your car if you get me one FO FREE

*The device GPS is UNLOCKED! You still have the option of VZ Nav, but if a customer wants to use google maps or some other gps application they can.

*When you take a picture it stamps it with the exact location of where you took the picture at. Not a huge deal but it is cool that you will know if you take a picture of something unique you will always know where you took it at.

* Currently you can use the phone for voice calls in 205 countries and the data features in 150 countries. (These numbers will most likely get bigger)

*When traveling overseas if you want to call someone in your contact list back in the US, you don't need to know the country code the phone will put it in for you automatically

This is good info to know, but I read today that the phone does not have Wi-Fi! WHY VERIZON, WHY?

But the GPS photo-tagging is pretty awesome. If you use Picasa to display web pictures, it will read the GPS tag and note the location of the photos on Google Maps.

This man speaks the truth! G1 = THE best phone on the market. Better than the iPhone, and you only pay $25 a month, which includes unlimited texting and all that stuff :cool:

x2 im gettin one on the 1st if there finaly not on back order

tmobile ftw end of convo then at&t an well

verizion sucks ass as does phil an brian carter

This is good info to know, but I read today that the phone does not have Wi-Fi! WHY VERIZON, WHY?

Verizon Wireless is a FOR profit organization. Data packages are required for the devices so no need for wi-fi.

iphoneand razr are 1. and 2. because they were really the first of their kind.

WiFi is a big can of worms. I had a student in class that was mad because I was doing wpa2 and his iPhone couldn't.

If Apple made an Exchange tie-in like BES I would be all over this. The fact is you cannot create an appointment in an exchange based calendar via iPhone and you can with a BlackBerry if your organization has a BES.

If you are comparing non-corporate users the iPhone is better, but for corporate users the BlackBerry has more applications that do what I need them to (like corporate directory lookup on the fly).

Verizon Wireless is a FOR profit organization. Data packages are required for the devices so no need for wi-fi.

iphoneand razr are 1. and 2. because they were really the first of their kind.

I enjoy using my iPhone at home on a 15Mb connection vs a 1Mb connection. Wi-Fi > any cell network.