I'm trying to help my friend buy a car. Please help suggest.

thorne

He's got BMW i135 stuck in his brain. It's 44K optioned out. Now understand he does not make 100K but he lives with his parents because they are elderly and will most likely live there until they pass away. ( He does not want to put them in a home i can respect that)

But my argument is that there are better cars out there for the money. Can you guys help me list some?

Here's what I've suggest of course subarus for the most part.

09 WRX premium decked out 32k

09 LGT Spec.B. 36k

09 Genisis 40K DECKED all the way out with the v8

He want's new because he thinks he will have issues and don't want to deal with them. I suggest older m3's. My argument has been that for the money the i135 was not worth it. Is it a bad ass car ? YES but not 44k bad ass imho. This would be his first ever new car.

Suggestions welcomed I'm taking him saturday to TD some cars.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on if he is leasing or buying.

You can lease a 45k car for fractions of what the buy payment will be.

Buy:

CPO B7 S4

CPO E46 M3

CPO C55 AMG

C6 Vette

G37

Lease:

I have been told the price of leasing has gone way up. Not sure if that is true, just what my boss told me because he is looking for a new car also.

Removed crap and too expensive ones.

let him test drive those, and the 135i.

If he wants to mod it the 135 would be the way to go

What's wrong with the G and CTS? Both are very good cars and have been significantly improved over the years. He should test drive as many cars as possible to see which ones he may like the best.

What's wrong with the G and CTS? Both are very good cars and have been significantly improved over the years. He should test drive as many cars as possible to see which ones he may like the best.

Yes they have been improved. But go sit in those two and compare them to the other 3 and you will notice how it feels like the G8 and CTS have been made out of recycled pen caps

*edit. Not that they are bad cars necessarily. But yes, he should test drive as many as possible

If he is looking for a BMW, don't try to pimp him a fucking WRX, dumbass. Obviously his wants/needs are not exactly like yours, you should respect that rather than being the mindless dumbshit that you are.

Drive the BMW, the g35, the audi first.

If he is looking for a BMW, don't try to pimp him a fucking WRX, dumbass. Obviously his wants/needs are not exactly like yours, you should respect that rather than being the mindless dumbshit that you are.

Drive the BMW, the g35, the audi first.

You need to understand his goals are not bMW goals his goals are generic as fuck. He just seen it performs well and he thinks they hold there value.

1. I'm suggesting he not buy brand new bad idea

2. he is already looking at the STi the only differance is the 09 WRX is 265hp

3. I also added the lgt for the luxury factor.

Which is more mindless?

suggesting a AWD used car for columbus ohio driving

or

Buying a BRAND NEW 44k car when you make less then 70k? ohh and its rwd?

Whats your issue with me. If you got one bring it up now. otherwise stop fucking talkin shit about me when your obviouslly not paying attention to the fucking thread.

He's not a BMW guy He's not a MB guy. He's a guy who;'s never owned a car has no clue about them and wants to drive something quick and reliable.

So unless you want to bring up your issue with me now and here drop it now.

Cry some more.

• Downvote 1