I'm trying to help my friend buy a car. Please help suggest.

thorne

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they have been improved. But go sit in those two and compare them to the other 3 and you will notice how it feels like the G8 and CTS have been made out of recycled pen caps

*edit. Not that they are bad cars necessarily. But yes, he should test drive as many as possible

You've obviously never driven a new CTS.

To some people the piece of mind is worth it, knowing it won't be in the shop within 30 days for random, expensive fixes.

My dad believes that used cars are the only good ones. He will never buy a new car because he says it breaks down more often then other cars. I told them that every car was new to begin with. That doesn't go over well.

Which audi dealer would you guys goto?

Subaru wise I'm going over to hatfield as they've always taken good care of me.

BMW the one by easton

VW hatfield is right there.

the Genesis is also at hatfield.

Please do not allow him to drive a R32, I get enough complaints of how slow they are and how exspensive they are to build to make go fast.

Test drive this.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/spinaroundtown/04.cadillac.ctsv/04.cadillac.ctsspecv.f34.500.jpg

It has a Ls6.....

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/spinaroundtown/04.cadillac.ctsv/04.cadillac.ctsspecv.eng.500.jpg

Add heads, Cam, Full Exhaust. and you get this. ......

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/SSwt00SS/Dyno_1.jpg

Hell I think IPS has one and there numbers were even higher.

Luxury, Check

Hotness, Check

Fast, Check

Drag Strip or taking out the ladies to downtown with ease, Check.

And you can pick up an older one for less then 20k, He can out right buy the car and still afford to own it with the money he makes now to what was previously stated.

Plus it could look like this.

http://www.autospies.com/images/users/omarrana/predator_cadillac_cts_v.jpg

But I mean its only my opinion do what you want, leasing is gay.

Either way I'm gonna walk the car this person buys anyhow next year... Opps did I just say that?..

suggesting a AWD used car for columbus ohio driving

or

Buying a BRAND NEW 44k car when you make less then 70k? ohh and its rwd?

You act like we get blizzards or something. If you can't drive a RWD car during an Ohio winter then you shouldn't be driving at all. I have winter driven a 240SX with 10k/8k coilovers for the last two years, nothing would compare to that.

There's really only one logical answer, Lexus ISF.

There's a Ponitac dealer on West Broad which would be closer to Hatfield if you were over on that side of town.

Please do not allow him to drive a R32, I get enough complaints of how slow they are and how exspensive they are to build to make go fast.

On top of the fact that this person obviously wants a comfortable/luxury type car.

Don't count out the G35! They are a good value compared to the Germans and its an excelent driver. My dad has an 04 x and its been so good to him that he is keeping it instead of trading it in. They are really tdrrific cars and the new ones are even better.

You act like we get blizzards or something. If you can't drive a RWD car during an Ohio winter then you shouldn't be driving at all. I have winter driven a 240SX with 10k/8k coilovers for the last two years, nothing would compare to that.

Drive an F-Body with Falkens. Torque = Tire spin in the lightest of snow.