Sirius and XM channels merged?

RedRocket1647545505

I really thought we'd get twice the channels basically. I just feel like they either swapped or merged a shitload of them. I noticed alot of station names would change almost randomly on my xm screen w/ their Sirius counterparts. (Whatever was playing stayed the same.) Not so sure on how I feel about the merger, now. :( I'll give it some more time. I also need to stop being lazy and hook my xm directly to my headunit instead of using the fm tuner. lol It's really hard to find a station for the last 3 or so months that doesn't have some kind of interference.

At least they got rid of the moronic XM channel names.. WTF kind of music would be on a channel named LUCY??

Buzzsaw is now Boneyard, but it's the AC/DC channel until 1/15/09. Smells like they're moving studios or something. I hope Long Paul isn't out of a job, he was a good DJ.

Hard Attack is now Liquid Metal. We'll see how that goes.. Liquid Metal sounds kinda.. wimpy.. compared to Hard Attack. Hopefully the programming won't change.

Jason Ellis has decided he wants XM listeners to call in to his show and answer questions to see if they're worthy of listening to him.. ;) I think this is in response to some bigwig telling him to behave himself for the new listeners..

Stern and Bubba can go fuck each other.

O&A FTMFW.

Wow, you really listen to that crap? Seriously?? I've tried multiple times in the past, just can't do it. I am honestly surprised Sirius/XM renewed their contract. Huge waste of money (as was Oprah and Martha Stewart, another set of high dollar people that don't draw in any listeners).

Guys, it pretty simple. Sirius bought XM and replaced pretty much all of the XM channels with the Sirius equivalent. Ethel->Alt Nation. Lucy->Lithium. Top Tracks->Classic Vinyl. Only a few of the XM rock stations made it out, and I don't even know if their formats will stay the same. XMU, Deep Tracks (hooray), the Loft (whatever), and Bluesville are XM holdovers. Everything else is Sirius. The System and The Rhyme are gone completely (boooooooo!) Meanwhile, we get a Jam Band station and a Grateful Dead station?

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/lineup.xmc

bahh, i could do without xm all together.. sirius FTW

+1

Sirius got rid of my hubby's favorite channel Hard Attack and he bitches non-stop about it.

Bubba FTW. I hope they sign him on for another year. He's awesome. I got to meet him in person and he's a real down to earth guy. Brent is fucking cool too.

+1

Sirius got rid of my hubby's favorite channel Hard Attack and he bitches non-stop about it.

Bubba FTW. I hope they sign him on for another year. He's awesome. I got to meet him in person and he's a real down to earth guy. Brent is fucking cool too.

It's still there, just called Liquid Metal. Jose is still one of the best DJs, and they still have a great play list.

Speaking of play lists, I've been hearing a lot of stuff that I haven't heard before since the blending. I think there may have been some back-office deals that made some music exclusive to Sirius or XM. NOw that they're one in the same, those deals are meaningless.