Steel braided Brake lines.

SpaceGhost

Ok Got a set of steel braided brake lines, I bought a brake package (lines, 2 quarts of Motul, front pads and rear pads. $199) for my wife's WRX off a vendor. Same lines on her car as my car so I get the lines. :) So when I put these on, should I just do one at a time and pump the pedal and open and close to bleed them a bit? Or should I replace all four and bleed all 4 and completely put in new fluid? I only ask because I was going to put in The high temp blue stuff in the spring. To be honest my fluid is only a year old.

Or do I have no clue at all, if that is the case please give me some instruction/advise.

Yours Truly,

SpaceGhost

Spaceghost, just try and find someone to help you for about 10 minutes and bleed it normally. Replace all four lines at the same time and start bleeding with the wheel furthest from your brake cylinder as stated, pretty straight forward.

What brand of fluid are you using BTW? I understand the Hi-temp blue stuff has a short lifespan(more susceptible to water contamination) compared to regular fluids and it's recommended to be flushed and replaced about every year anyways.

Spaceghost, just try and find someone to help you for about 10 minutes and bleed it normally. Replace all four lines at the same time and start bleeding with the wheel furthest from your brake cylinder as stated, pretty straight forward.

What brand of fluid are you using BTW? I understand the Hi-temp blue stuff has a short lifespan(more susceptible to water contamination) compared to regular fluids and it's recommended to be flushed and replaced about every year anyways.

I think Pagid.

I see that Pagid makes race pads, but nothing about fluids, however this is the fluid I have previously heard of. I suppose it's not quite a year that you need to flush but they do say around 3 years for a daily driver, more with spirited driving in the mix.

-

Features/Benefits of ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid:

Blue tint of fluid makes bleeding brakes easier

Ideal for race use, excellent choice for street driven vehicles, too

Boiling point minimum: 536 degrees F

Wet boiling point minimum: 388 degrees F

Viscosity at -104 degrees F: max 1,400 mm 2/5

Designed to last up to 3 years under normal highway driving conditions

To maintain the functional reliability of brake systems, brake fluid must be changed according to the specifications of the vehicle manufacturer (quality and change interval). In race/track applications, it becomes even more critical that the brake fluid is routinely changed to maintain optimum performance.

I would verify the correct bleeding order for your car. Most of the modern day multi-channel ABS unit's don't necessarily following the "furthest from master cylinder" rule.

They also usually want either electronically with a tool purge the ABS unit or go out and slam the brakes to induce an abs pulsing.

EDIT:

Googling found this:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install/38731-diy-how-bleed-sti-brembo-brakes.html

bleeding order (RF, LR, LF, RR).

I would verify the correct bleeding order for your car. Most of the modern day multi-channel ABS unit's don't necessarily following the "furthest from master cylinder" rule.

They also usually want either electronically with a tool purge the ABS unit or go out and slam the brakes to induce an abs pulsing.

EDIT:

Googling found this:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install/38731-diy-how-bleed-sti-brembo-brakes.html

:thumbup: good info!

EDIT:

Googling found this:

I should have looked on IWSTI.com, but I didn't think the order would matter and there are so many techs here. Oh well, thanks Jones. Good info, I bought a mityVac from Sears and will pick it up tonight. Pads in the Wife's WRX and Lines on my car, I suspect I will need a long shower when I am done. I may do this SUn or the week of Turkey day as we are off work all week.