Coture vs Lesnar This Saturday!

wagner

I think Lesnar is going to do a lot better than the "experts" think. His size, stength, and quickness might be to much for Randy.

Coture does have more than a decade of experience but will that help him if he eats one of those caned hams lesnar calls a fist?

Discuss

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking to this fight more than anyother this year !

I am just wondering how much Couture's stamina and age are going to play in this fight ? He is 45 from what I have heard .

Will Couture have too much experience for Lesner or will Lesner's athletic ability be too much for Couture ?

This is going to be great on Saturday night !!!!

I love watcing the beast fight, hoping he truely is "the next big thing" his fight against herring was impressive, that first punch would knock couture's head off imo.

comming to b-dubs w3ith me brian??

Other fighters have knocked him out, this is the only reason I think Lesnar could pull it off. I see him coming right out charging Couture, if Couture panics its over. I want to see Couture pull it off but it should be a good fight.

Couture will not panic. His stamina won't be an issue, either. If Lesnar doesn't end this within the first couple rounds, I'm going with Couture.

Almost..

I have been saying for a while that its just a fad and will pass in time. They are running out of top knotch fighters and UFC has turned MMA into a no contest. They have no competition and thats what is making it bland. When you have competition you try to put out the best product, when your the only product you put out whatever you want because you know people dont have any other options.

Randy is like... a Spartan... the dude doesnt quit, and he never panics. He's going to catch Brock off guard. Brock isnt a warrior like Randy, he's a brawler... he gets so caught up in inflicting huge amounts of damage that he throws an arm out where it shouldnt be, a leg, or in the case of the Mir fight, a foot. He doesnt know what the fuck hes doing other than trying to wrestle someone down (which he is amazing at btw) and beating them sensless. If the man could just control himself and slow the pace down, but still have that explosive power, he'd be unbeatable.

Couture is an amazing wrestler as well. I think its gonna have to come down to the stand up game. Both will nullify each other on the ground. The Mir reference was Lesnars first UFC fight and against a former Champ who by the way never lost his title (had it stripped due to injury). Had he not tried bunny hopping over Mir he would be undefeated in the UFC.

Randy is like... a Spartan... the dude doesnt quit

This is what I think of when I think of Couture. I like Brock and think he's a beast, but I think Randy is one of the few who can take a serious beating from anyone and still prevail.

This is what I think of when I think of Couture. I like Brock and think he's a beast, but I think Randy is one of the few who can take a serious beating from anyone and still prevail.

"I watched you beat this man, like I aint never seen you beat no man before, and the man kept coming after you!... We dont need a man like this in our life..."

(Rocky II)

No he's not. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira won the title when it was stripped from Couture for leaving UFC hanging.

The winner of the Couture vs Lesnar fight will face the winner of the Nog vs Mir fight for the title.

In what White called a “mega-fight,” the matchup will headline UFC 91 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in the first bout of a "heavyweight tournament." The winner would have the heavyweight belt and would next take on the winner of a December clash between current interim heavyweight title-holder Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Frank Mir to unify the championships. Nogueira and Mir are currently opposing coaches on The Ultimate Fighter Season 8 and a fight for that interim belt was already signed.

In what White called a “mega-fight,” the matchup will headline UFC 91 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in the first bout of a "heavyweight tournament." The winner would have the heavyweight belt and would next take on the winner of a December clash between current interim heavyweight title-holder Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Frank Mir to unify the championships. Nogueira and Mir are currently opposing coaches on The Ultimate Fighter Season 8 and a fight for that interim belt was already signed.

umm yeah I just clarified that

he gets so caught up in inflicting huge amounts of damage that he throws an arm out where it shouldnt be, a leg, or in the case of the Mir fight, a foot. He doesnt know what the fuck hes doing other than trying to wrestle someone down (which he is amazing at btw) and beating them sensless. If the man could just control himself and slow the pace down, but still have that explosive power, he'd be unbeatable.

I am willing to be he has been working heavily on his submission defense, and as for sticking an arm out . . . did you see what happend last time somone tried ot arm-bar him???

I agree with one thing, UFC needs to get more talent, the big names are pretty old, they lost out on Fedor.

well things are going to get pretty crazy soon. It looks like Silva will be bumping up to light heavyweight soon and I think is first fight will be against Liddel.

Also you have the GSP vs BJ penn fight coming up soon. That will be an epic battle right there.

I really don't think MMA is a fad or trend. People make it that by only checking something when people tell them it is cool. Don't be a sheep...