Stupid Envoy wheel bearing

V8 Beast

When I accelerate and make right turns my envoy makes a funny noise and vibrates a little. I put on my winter tires, checked the lugs, and it still makes the noise (and it's gradually getting worse by the week). Called the dealership to have them fix it and found out my warranty just expired and I have to pay a $200 deductable with the extended warranty. Um... no.

I'm about 99% sure its the wheel bearing, but as usual I'm checking in here before I go buying parts.

If you do it yourself, get the bearing on ebay. It's the same Chinese crap you get at Autozone or Advance Auto (save for Timken which is assembled in USA with Chinese crap parts) for about $80. I got mine from this dude. It takes about 45 minutes to do, rent the 36mm axle nut socket from Autozone. If you want I'll come help if I'm in town.

If you do it yourself, get the bearing on ebay. It's the same Chinese crap you get at Autozone or Advance Auto (save for Timken which is assembled in USA with Chinese crap parts) for about $80. I got mine from this dude. It takes about 45 minutes to do, rent the 36mm axle nut socket from Autozone. If you want I'll come help if I'm in town.

Thanks a lot!! If I do it myself I'll give you a call!

I paid 170$ for the bearing when I did it. Very easy job if you have the socket.

Search on summit under moser. I found them for like $80 or 90$ when I was searching for axles last year.

I'm going to use this as a way to pay my deductable for my extended warranty and have them replace both bearings for the cost of one :D

says the guy that couldn't figure it out himself:p

Thats whats so funny. I told them the fuse was blown, and to go ahead an throw a new one in there and change the oil while they had it. They apologized and took the charge off, but thats crazy. Thats like $50 for 1 minute :D