VW Tribute VID

Farkas

I decided after everything that I've been through with my car and even being at my wits end, almost ready to sell it, I'm glad I didn't. :)

I have been itching to edit some film so I made a video of my car and my buddy's GTI as a wrap up for 2008.. A representation of how far the car has come since I bought it months ago, and also so I can look back next year and see the changes.

always loved Klubbed to Death.

I've also been wanting to make a "fly-by" video pass thru that tunnel since they've opened it.

When you did the shots on the passenger side exterior were you holding the camera out of the window or was it mounted to the car?

always loved Klubbed to Death.

I've also been wanting to make a "fly-by" video pass thru that tunnel since they've opened it.

When you did the shots on the passenger side exterior were you holding the camera out of the window or was it mounted to the car?

I just had Grant stick his hand out the window and hold as still as he could lol..

and what all have you done to it since u said u poured blood,sweat, and tears into it?

Well long story short, I probably ended up buying a Lemon. It's my own fault because I should have known this would happen since I bought it for so cheap. Not only have I been stranded on multiple cases, which has never really happened to me in any car until now, but I've just about exhausted all of my money trying to fix everything.

Reason there's been so much turmoil is because i've already had to replace/deal with the following.

Replaced MAF

Replaced Headlight Switch

Replaced Driver's Side Axle

Replaced Clutch/Flywheel

Replaced Clutch Master Cylinder

Replaced Timing Belt/Water Pump

Replaced Thermostat

Replaced Intake Gasket

Replaced Plastic Coolant line

Replaced Radiator

Replaced Coilovers

This is all in a span of a couple months and I'm already expecting my turbo to take a shit. The turbo oil seal is starting to cause some smoking at extended periods of idle :(.

However.. the car does have a bunch of mods.

Eurojet Turbo Intake Pipe

Eurojet FMIC

Bosch 4bar fpr

Revo stg 2+ software

ECS stg. 3 ignition

EvoMS cold air intake

Turbosmart dual port BOV/DV

NewSouth Power Gasket

Forge throttle body pipe

GHL 3" turboback with no cat semi wrapped

Greddy oil catch

ECS poly motor mount

BFI stg. 2 dogbone bushing

ECS stg. 1 poly tranny mount bushing

EIP short shifter

FK PowerTech Coilovers

sounds like the guy unloaded it to u r knowing this shit was going to hit the fan or u just might indeed have a lemon. sorry for ur luck bro

car looks nice tho

Well he was pretty straight forward with me and told me it would need a new driver's side axle before I bought it(this has it's own long story, as well as everything else I ran into). Most of the stuff I doubt he had any clue about, It's just a matter of luck that it would happen to me.

I've definitely put my share of wrench time into this car, but in the end it has paid off.. it's a realllly fun car to drive.

I appreciate the support though.