Stock Gallardo vs Stock Z06

Wonderboy

The Gallardo makes more HP and weighs a little less too. And still got beat by the Z06 every time, even with the Gallardo getting the hit first.

That said, area under the curve means a lot, and a HUGE torque difference........

Thats exactly what I was thinking. You can clearly see the gallardo pull hard as fuck at the start but, it just cant hang in the long run. And I do agree that a gallardo is far more pimpin though.

Well, I found the thread with the video link in it but as expected the video and site has been taken down. The host site made me chuckle though, I never noticed that....

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49407&highlight=Roll

Good memories from my early days on CR.

i thought the gallardos claimed 480hp?? the vette has 505, and a decent weight advantage. i would expect it to pull just a bit more.

Early Gallardo's were 495 and the HP rating was bumped to 500 (must have been alot of development there!) for 2006.

However depending on the source the gallardo is anywhere between 3300-3500 lbs AND all wheel drive so you're talking about a car that's at least 200lbs heavier, has roughly the same power and is trying to put that power to all 4 wheels vs. just 2.

Not really a suprising result.

Still an entertaining video though.

Andy

Early Gallardo's were 495 and the HP rating was bumped to 500 (must have been alot of development there!) for 2006.

However depending on the source the gallardo is anywhere between 3300-3500 lbs AND all wheel drive so you're talking about a car that's at least 200lbs heavier, has roughly the same power and is trying to put that power to all 4 wheels vs. just 2.

Andy

Agreed.

I don't understand why everyone keeps forgetting that awd from a roll < rwd from a roll.

Andy

You make a very good point. Either I didn’t realize how "slow" the Gallardo is or I didn’t realize how fast the Zo6 is, but I was surprised that the Zo6 beat him so easily. Aren’t the lambos built for higher speeds?

You make a very good point. Either I didn’t realize how "slow" the Gallardo is or I didn’t realize how fast the Zo6 is, but I was surprised that the Zo6 beat him so easily. Aren’t the lambos built for higher speeds?

Well, I was going to say yes, that the Lambo is geared longer and capable of a higher top speed, but I'm really not sure on this Lambo compared to this model vette so I could be wrong. I'm sure a vette afficiando will correct in light speed if I'm wrong. ;)