Fraud alert help

87GT

Anyone here work for a bank (5/3 and or National city) or credit monitoring services or police? I won't go into into details but basically someone called my parents saying they were me asking for bail money because they were in a car accident in ontario canada.

I see nothing weird on any of my accounts of purchases or anything like that. I am going to setup credit monitoring tonight.

I tried to setup a police report by calling them but they want to come out to my house to file a report. I can't really do that since I am at work. I bet if I call when I get home 10PM they won't be out to my house for hours and hours. Maybe it might be better if I just drive to a police station and explain it to them.

I am just a little worried since this has never happened to me before.

i heard about this on the radio, they tell that to old people because they can't keep track of all their kids and grandkids. Then they tell the old person not to tell anyone in the family, because they're too embarrased. That way they won't try and see if the person calling is really their grandson. Its bullshit and people just need to get a job and stop trying to find new ways to scam people
  • Confused 1